cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max00
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Y580 Windows 8.1 SSD + HDD - Does that combination work already?

Hi!

I would like to buy an SSD drive for my notebook, but I've read that my model did not support the Windows 8.1 + HDD + SSD combination. Did anything change? I'd really love to make this notebook a little bit faster...

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 208
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y580 Windows 8.1 SSD + HDD - Does that combination work already?

@Max00 wrote:

Hi!

I would like to buy an SSD drive for my notebook, but I've read that my model did not support the Windows 8.1 + HDD + SSD combination. Did anything change? I'd really love to make this notebook a little bit faster...

I look up your model for drivers in the site and it shows that it can run Win 8.1. So I'm not sure what you mean "...my model did not support the Windows 8.1 + HDD + SSD combination...". As to the hdd + SSD combination why not consider SSHD if space is a problem?

Max00
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 3 of 7

It does run Wjndows 8.1 because I'm using it now. What I've read, in the past people couldn't get it to work when using two drives. Windows 8.0 worked fine, and after trying to update to 8.1 they were getting some error. All they could do was either remove SSD or HDD and use only one drive... or go back to Windows 8.0... Smiley Happy

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 194
Message 4 of 7

@Max00 wrote:

It does run Wjndows 8.1 because I'm using it now. What I've read, in the past people couldn't get it to work when using two drives. Windows 8.0 worked fine, and after trying to update to 8.1 they were getting some error. All they could do was either remove SSD or HDD and use only one drive... or go back to Windows 8.0... Smiley Happy

Thanks for the clarification. So you needed to have two discrete drive, one hdd and one ssd. I haven't seen any feedback about such arrangement lately in the forum. As stated earlier, why not use SSHD? SSHD is hdd plus ssd integrated into one.

Max00
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 5 of 7

The price will be higher, I guess. Smiley Happy

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 174
Message 6 of 7

@Max00 wrote:

The price will be higher, I guess. Smiley Happy

This one from newegg now cost 77 bucks. Two years ago it cost me 120 bucks. If you buy one discrete hdd and another ssd will it be higher or lower than 77?

Max00
Paper Tape
Views: 171
Message 7 of 7

I though I could just buy an SSD drive and use my current HDD with it. I didn't know anything about discrete drives. Hmm...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors