Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

09-02-2012

Bulgaria

11 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y580 running GTA IV?

2012-09-02, 13:16 PM

Hello, I have recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad Y580 which has switchable graphics from INTEL HD 4000 to Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M. Now, the Nvidia has 2GB of memory, and somehow, when I run GTA IV it does show the 2gb of memory and uses them but still it uses the IntelHD 4000 GPU. I've tried updating my drivers and trying to set the game to run with Nvidia. The game is actually running fine with the IntelHD 4000 but it would still be nice if I could get it to run with the Nvidia. I haven't had any other problems like that, and I love the laptop, but I'm not sure if it is possible to fix, because I've already read that people aren't sure if GTA IV works with switchable graphics though nobody is sure of it.

Options

2 Posts

10-05-2012

Iran

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y580 running GTA IV?

2012-10-05, 0:57 AM

Hi dude i have just recently bought this lovely notebook too and i am very satisfed with it!! i love it., [Special thanks to dear LENOVO commuinity to provide such a powerfull labtop]

In your answer i should mention that when you install the nvidia driver an icon for nvidia configuration will apear which is named nvidia control panel and what you should do is "

1) Right klick on your desktop and choose "nvidia control panel"

2)Go to "manage 3d settings" in left tree and then the "program setting"

3)Add your GTA IV.exe and then select the "Nvidia high performance" instead of "integrated graphics"

4)Enjoy

Tell me if it was helpfull for you.

:)

Options

6 Posts

09-02-2012

Bulgaria

11 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y580 running GTA IV?

2013-05-06, 14:02 PM

OK. Look guys,I am rather advanced when it comes to computers and wherever I've went on the internet they all say you need to force your Nvidia to run with GTA IV. I know this is a late reply but that's only because I decided to let it go because I love my lenovo and one game isn't going to stop me. It's a great laptop and technically I've had no problems with it playing any other games and the perfomance is great. At first I thought the game just wasn't able to detect the Nvidia card but what I have noticed is that there are a lot of people out there with the same laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Y580) and they are running GTA IV with the NVIDIA graphics card at maxed out settings just fine. I have tried changing the graphics card to nvidia using the settings but it didn't work. I tried using a program called ''Nvidia Inspector'' from which you are also able to choose a game profile and enable to Nvidia graphics card which was more useful in some cases because it helped me run TERA which is an online game and it didn't let me choose the nvidia graphics card in the nvidia driver settings. However that program didn't work for GTA IV. People also said that the lag stopped when they take out battery and I realized I play a lot of times on battery with laptop plugged in so I took it out and that didn't help either. I doubt it's an issue with the laptop so if anyone knows something about this please post a reply here. Thank you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms