cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johannes_F
Paper Tape
Views: 909
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Y70-70 Nvidia gtx860m driver crashes by applications and games and gets "restored"

Hi Community,

i have a serious problem and i hope u guys can help me. I decided to buy the Y70-70 because the price-perfomance relation is in my opinion the best. Last week i got my Lenovo Y70-70 and started to set it up. I also updatet to the latest nvidida driver via nvidia geforce experience. From Now on when i play GTA V or start a 3D Program like 3DS Max i get Crashes with a short black screen and a notification that the graphic driver stopped working and was "restored". From that time on it is only running with the other HD graphics graphic-chip. When i restart the notebook it works for like 2 hours again, its always different, before i get a new crash of a game or application. I also get other errors sometimes or either have to hard reset, because nothing is working anymore.

Pls help! I also often read that a few people have the same problem like me, but that there isnt any solution yet. I honestly hope that u can help me, otherwise i'm forced to send my laptop back.

Kind regards

Johannes

lightseeker101
What's DOS?
Views: 905
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y70-70 Nvidia gtx860m driver crashes by applications and games and gets "restored&qu

You have to rollback your nvidia driver to 355.98 , until nvidia finally fixes the issue.

Johannes_F
Paper Tape
Views: 867
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y70-70 Nvidia gtx860m driver crashes by applications and games and gets "restored&am

Does this affect the frames of GTA V and perfomance in general using 3D Programs?

What do you recommend for deinstalling the nvidia driver? Is there a free program?

lightseeker101
What's DOS?
Views: 831
Message 4 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y70-70 Nvidia gtx860m driver crashes by applications and games and gets "restored&qu

As the last few nvidia drivers have made the laptop almost unuseable those drivers were the last stable release.  A good practice when uninstalling drivers is to use http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html   

Johannes_F
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 5 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y70-70 Nvidia gtx860m driver crashes by applications and games and gets "restored&am

Thank u a lot, i installed it now and from my first impression its working... I will update if smth changes, but at this point thank you for your fast reply!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors