cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
styx00
What's DOS?
Views: 340
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y70 - 70 Touch 80DU Nvidia Code 43 with Windows 10 (1903)

Hi, I own a Lenovo Y70-70 Model 80DU.

On 16/07/2019, I noticed that my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M was not working. When I checked the device manager, the status of my Nvidia card was "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)". I updated to Windows 1903 hoping that it would fix it and the problems began. My laptop would freeze unexpectedly and at that moment I was not aware what the problem was. I was planning to format my laptop anyway so I proceeded with formatting the entire disk and reinstalling Microsoft Windows. The problem remained and my laptop became extremely slow and unstable. I formatted a couple of times and the laptop would sometimes freeze during Windows installation.

When formatted successfully (Windows 1903), I used the Nvidia drivers from Lenovo (10.18.13.5354 downloaded from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cy/en/downloads/DS103687) and the laptop was extremely slow with frequent BSOD error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After some googling I suspected that it might be a problem with the SSD. So....I changed the SSD with a spare one I have which runs linux. When booted up the laptop was working flawlessly, so I narrowed down that the problem might be caused by either Windows/Nvidia or the SSD. So, I formatted the new SSD and installed Windows and I had the same exact problems which made me conclude that the problem is caused by the Nvidia drivers. I disabled the Nvidia device from the device manager and the laptop would work perfectly (i.e. fast and without crashing).

Moving on, I started trying different versions of Nvidia drivers but without success. When used the ones installed by Windows, I would get BSOD. When installed drivers from the Nvidia website, I got the same error (code 43). Also, please note that I have no NVIDIA Control Panel, and when I install the latest NVIDIA driver (431.36) the GFE application shows that the driver is 431.36 is still available, albeit I have it installed.

After spending a lot of hours googling online about this issue, I noticed that there are a lot of people having the same issue. I would appreciate some help.

KoshaK
What's DOS?
Views: 110
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y70 - 70 Touch 80DU Nvidia Code 43 with Windows 10 (1903)

Have EXACTLY the same problem and done all the steps as per your message... and this is the only post I have found googling for solution... dooooh...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors