Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NachoShaw
What's DOS?
Views: 310
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y70 - 70 Touch

Hey

I have a Lenovo Y70-70 Touch laptop that i bought from new a few yrs ago. Recently i formatted it clean for a fresh installation and after doing so, the keyboard backlit red LEDs no longer turn on. I have tried the FN + Space method but it does nothing. I installed the Lenovo Vantage with, when i go to the backlit section, the FN ++ Space method does change the notification from on to off & vice versa but the LED's remain off.

when i look at the keyboard in Device Manager, it says its a Standard PS/2 keyboard. is this correct? i would have expected a Lenovo Keyboard.

is there another set of drivers i need to get? is it a Lenovo or Windows issue? I have downloaded all of the drivers from Lenovo related to my laptop but nothing works as yet

Thanks

Nacho

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 192
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y70 - 70 Touch

Hi NachoShaw!

Thank you for using the community forums.

Could you try to run and install all the available updates using the Lenovo Vantage application and check if the keyboard backlit will work again?

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors