Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supernova__01
What's DOS?
Views: 222
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Y70-70 earphone jack problem

so yesterday i realized that for the past year or so, my lenovo y70-70 hasn't been using my headset mic. instead, it uses the integrated laptop mic. i messed around in realtek hd sound manager, and made it so that my audio jack is detected in the sound configuration window. however, the laptop only detects my audio OUTPUT 3.5mm jack, and not my mic INPUT 3.5mm jack. this means that the pc thinks i have a combo jack, and uses it that way, (it works fine with combo jack products, but this is not how i want to use it) instead of using my actual mic input. so i did a lot of testing, and i came up with why this problem is here. the computer detects my audio output 3.5 mm jack as a combo jack. this way, it disables my mic input. when i set it up, i just assumed the mic it detected was my 3.5mm mic input. but it apparently is not.

my sister has the same pc, and i checked on hers to make sure it is not a hardware problem, and she has the exact same issue. that has led me to the conclusion that it is a software problem. the pc has realtek hd audio manager.

please help.

thanks,

- supernova 01

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors