Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milesrwentland
What's DOS?
Views: 420
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y700-15ISK SSD Upgrade. Bios Doesn't Recognize

Hi all, 

I'm sorry if I am beating a dead horse with this post.

Today I purchased an Intel SSDPEKKW512G7X1 M.2-2280 512 GB SSD and installed it. For the past few hours I have been having trouble getting the BIOS to recognize it as a bootable drive so I can install Windows 10 onto it. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Have turned off secure boot and turned on legacy support. Did check to see if it is DOA and it isnt.

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 384
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y700-15ISK SSD Upgrade. Bios Doesn't Recognize

Hello and welcome,

That's an NVMe SSD, and I don't believe NVMe is supported on that laptop.  I'm not 100% certain, but almost...

Do a little searching on that specific SSD or NVMe and Y700-15ISK. Doesn't look good.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors