Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palmaa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 203
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Y700-17 battery problem

Hi,

So for about 2-3 weeks I've got some battery problem with my Lenovo Y700-17. It seems like it came from nowhere. I think it started after the BIOS update to cdcn53ww. Before this time, my battery last for about 6-7 hours on Power Saving Mode, but now it's poorly 2 hours. What's more, there's no difference between High Performance- and Power Saving Mode's battery lifetime. Even if laptop works on battery, the fans are very loud ( similar to plugged-in High Performance fans sound). Before, laptop was silent unplugged (no matter High Performance/Balanced/Power Saving Mode). I tried everything, service sent back laptop with opinion "Everything looks fine". Hope you will help me, I need long-life battery for work.

UPDATE: I spent a day reinstalling all drivers, without any effect. I was forced to, unfortunately, use One Key Recovery, but this time it seems to work fine. I don't know what caused the problem, but the only way I found is to fully reinstall Windows. For anyone facing the same problem as mine I recommend to wait for better solution, I didn't have much time to see one Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors