Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xandron1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 871
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y700-17ISK overheating and long loading Windows 10

I have overheating problem. Thermal paste was replaced on Arctic Cooling MX-4 a month ago. It helped for a while, the temperature did not rise above 74, but now I again see this problem. The temperature reaches 95 degrees! The laptop is always on high performance, plugged in, and on a desk when gaming. What I need to do with this?

Also, my Windows is loading a 2 minutes. I made a full reset, but it doesn't help so much. 

Lenovo Y700-17ISK 80Q0004FPB

35v BIOS

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 852
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y700-17ISK overheating and long loading Windows 10

What application are you running that causes the CPU to spike to 93°C? I've ran Furmark and Prime95, and maxed out at roughly 82°C with stock cooling.

Have you also checked that both fans are still operational? Also, how much Arctic Silver did you apply? It definitely sounds like the heat transfer is not working effectively, as the dual fans are more than capable of cooling this system.

As for the Windows booting, do you have the model with the hard disk, or the SSD, or both?

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Xandron1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 843
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y700-17ISK overheating and long loading Windows 10

Just play games. OK, thanks. I'll check it.

Stock HDD

Xandron1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 833
Message 4 of 4

Lenovo y700-17 overheating

When the game starts, and the next 30 minutes the temperature of the CPU 65 and the GPU 69. Next, after 1 hour - 72 and 73. After another half an hour - 79 and 80. Later - 82 and 83 and still rises. The laptop stands on the table at all times. Thermal Grease - Arctic Cooling MX4.

Game - Overwatch (low settings, fps 70 lock). Gpu usage ~65-85

Lenovo y700-17isk

Bios v35

All latest drivers

Mod's Edit's: Merged this post with exisiting discussion.  Please do not start multiple threads on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Thanks !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors