05-25-2016

NA

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y700 freezes while playing game

2016-05-25, 16:10 PM

This problem has happened twice already in a span of about two weeks. I was playing Dota 2 when suddenly the whole screen freezes. The strange part was that my cursor was still working, but nothing was responding when I clicked. I tried the Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get to my task manager, however it send me to a black screen. The cursor still changes to that hand with the pointer finger up when I place it near the region where the options are supposed to be. I clicked the last one which I believe is the task manager option, and then it sends me back to the game with the game cursor but this time with a black screen. 

I really want this problem fixed :(

Solved! See the solution
Options

3496 Posts

04-02-2014

MX

2520 Signins

39829 Page Views

• Views: 39829
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y700 freezes while playing game

2016-05-25, 16:22 PM

Problem (most probable) - Your Display drivers are crashing.

This problem is quite common in PC games and few tips to avoid this are -

1) Install a Stable GPU driver. Hint - The latest drivers are usually not the most stable ones.

2) Always perform a Clean installation for the GPU drivers.

NVIDIA already gives an option for a CLEAN INSTALL. If you have AMD, unistall everything related to AMD/Catalyst Control Center and then install the stable drivers.

3) Reduce the graphics quality of the game, sometimes running at max or too high graphics can cause crashes.

4) Keep a check on CPU and GPU heat. If your GPU is heating up too much, it will freeze and crash.  You can use CPU HWMonitor or GPU-z to monitor the stats.

Let me know and I can provide details on some of those topics. Thanks.

(I am planning to create a video on this, so hopefully in 2-3 weeks I should have something. You can follow me on youtube if you want - Rockykoston).

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

05-25-2016

NA

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y700 freezes while playing game

2016-05-25, 16:58 PM

Hi rockykoston!

Thanks for all the tips! There was a recent graphics driver update released by NVIDIA. This might be the cause but I'm not entirely sure. As of now it's working fine. Temps are normal while gaming and FPS is steady while I play. Hopefully I won't encounter the problem again.

Also, I will gladly subscribe to your channel! I'm sure your future video will definitely help a lot.

Thanks again!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete