Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shahrukh3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,903
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Z-50. Black Screen with only cursor and load icon

So, after the Lenovo splash screen, all that's visible on my laptop are the load icon and a mouse cursor. The screen also dims a bit after the splash screen goes away.  

Here are the things I have tried:

• Automatic Repair -> Troubleshoot -> System Restore
  • Automatic Repair -> Troubleshoot -> Startup Repair
  • Automatic Repair -> Troubleshoot -> Safe Mode ( This is stuck at the Lenovo splash screen on restart and when you move the mouse, the splash screen goes and there's only a flickering mouse with a black background)

The problem might have started after I disconnected my laptop from the second monitor I typically use for work. The screen got a little laggy, videos wouldn't play properly. After a restart, I have this problem. 

I would greatly appreciate your help. 

Shahrukh3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,852
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Z-50. Black Screen with only cursor and load icon

Is there a way to update drivers from the command prompt in automatic repair?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,826
Message 3 of 8

Hi Shahrukh3! We're glad you took the time to reach out. Can you try to pull up task manager? You can try by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, or if that did not work try CTRL + ALT + DEL then select task manager. If you have pulled up task manager kindly click "file" on the upper left hand corner then select "Run new task", then in the box type in "explorer.exe" make sure the create with admin privileges is checked then click ok. Please let us know if this works then we'll continue from there.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Shahrukh3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,822
Message 4 of 8

Hi Hassen, 

I tried both the options mentioned but it did not work. The screen is largely blank with a cursor(sometimes flickering). The only visual response I do get is when I press the F10/Change screen key. However, there's just a plain blue bar on the right. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,788
Message 5 of 8

Alright! This time, try to boot into safe mode by pressing SHIFT + RESTART > from the Sign In screen: click or tap Power, press and hold Shift and then click or tap Restart> Troubleshoot > Advance option> Go to device manager> expand display adapter> right click on the display driver> properties> rollback driver> if the rollback driver is greyed out> choose uninstall then delete driver by checking the delete driver box then restart the laptop. Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Shahrukh3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,784
Message 6 of 8

Hi, as I mentioned before, even the safe mode freezes and ends up with a blank screen and a flickering cursor. The only part of Windows I can access is Automatic Repair. I have tried Safe Mode, Safe Mode with networking & Safe mode with CMD. All I get is a blank screen. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,777
Message 7 of 8

Hey there, Shahrukh3! 

Another help here. 

Have you tried performing a factory reset? If not, you may try performing a factory reset using the Lenovo OneKey Recover tool https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077084?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 , however, this process will delete all the saved files/data and you need to back up first. You can access the recovery tool by using the NOVO button https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht062552?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 . Let us know how it goes. 

Regards! 

Shahrukh3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,774
Message 8 of 8

Hi Chris, I will try the Factory Reset after taking backups. All my practice code is residing in the C Drive. Smiley Sad I will let you guys know if this works. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals