Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alinevendra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 285
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z40-70 no longer connect to Smart TV

Hi all,

I love using this feature where I am able to connect my Lenovo Z40-70 to the Samsung Smart TV but since the latest Windows 10 update it no longer works.

1) I have updated all my drivers from Lenovo download centre and the laptop still doesn't connect to the TV...

2) I have deleted all devices from the laptop and tried connecting to the tv again, no success

3) My phone (Android) and another laptop (Dell) connects just fine with the TV, even after this latest Windows update

I do not know what else I can do to make it work. Smiley Sad

Does anyone have any suggestion to how to solve this problem?

PigVomit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 256
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z40-70 no longer connect to Smart TV

It could be that a Samsung firmware update to your TV killed it. I'm always nervous when there's a Samsung firmware update. In the 4 years I've owned my TV, I have not been able to connect for about 2 years worth of their firmwares....off and on.

If your wireless card is Intel, I recommend uninstalling all Lenovo wireless drivers (and bluetooth for that matter), and install the Intel Proset drivers instead. If you have a different wireless card manufacturer, check their website.
alinevendra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 254
Message 3 of 5

The problem is that any other laptop and mobile phones of the house is able to connect to the TVs... only this Lenovo laptop struggles. Smiley Sad
PigVomit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 249
Message 4 of 5

Then I would do a full uninstall of your WLAN drivers. Before you uninstall, find the latest drivers on your WLAN manufacturer's website, and download them. Also keep a spare set of the Lenovo drivers (which are notorious for being bloated and problematic). Then uninstall the drivers through Control Panel. Then, for good measure, open up Device Manager, go to Network Adapters, and uninstall the device. Click the box to also uninstall the drivers for good measure. Reboot. Install the previously downloaded drivers from the manufacturer's website (hopefully Intel).
alinevendra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 152
Message 5 of 5

Tried this... still not connecting to the TV Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors