Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Genie03
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Z400 installing Windows problem

Hi there guys, I have been trying to solve a problem for a month now but to no avail. My device is Lenovo Ideapad Z400, running on an i3 2.5Ghz, 4GB ram, nvidia gt635m and comes with Windows 8 preinstalled.I would like to apologize for my English because it's not my native language, but I will try my best to explain the matter clearly. I used AOMIE partition assistant before and partitioned my hard drive without knowing that it will mess up my recovery partitions ID. So, I wanted to restore my laptop to factory using Onekey Recovery but it says that my current system does not support this feature. I was so troubled and decided to do a clean install and formatted my drive. But upon installing through the DVD, it says that cannot install to GPT disk.

I used Diskpart

typed in list disk

select disk 0

clean

and convert to mbr

I then installed it perfectly but after 1 day of use, my computer slows down. It is so slow even in opening the Windows Explorer. So I tried to search over the internet and found that I can use Rufus to boot on USB with GPT support. I did that, use diskpart to convert mbr to gpt and install, yet the install took almost 18 hours to complete. Then, it boots up, everything works but after an hour, it's too slow again. Now I don't know what to do. I can install Windows 8 on it but it takes forever to install which is not usual. It should be about 30 mins only for a normal install. I used HDtune, everything is ok. I tried to use Lenovo Solutons, everything passed. So what else can I do? Please help me guys, I badly need my laptop because I am a teacher and I need it alot. Thanks in advance and have a nice day. d=)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors