Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jobpvill
Fanfold Paper
Views: 802
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Z480 Bios can't update to 2014 Private and Public installer

Hi, 

I would like to ask anyone here if you guys can help me with the Bios update 2014 5FCN95WW private/public installation. 

Here's what I did:

All was fine on my Z480 when I came from W7 Ultimate to W10. Then I notice after 3 months that some online games can't be played with W10 so I decided to go back to W7 Ultimate. So I did a clean installation of W7, My Bios version is 5FCN95WW 2012.. So I checked some updates on the web of Lenovo and found 2014 but with the same code of 5FCN95WW... I wonder why, so I download it and install, it restarted my pc and I thought all is okay, but when i checked the System Info it's still says 2012.. 

Now, my brightness adjustment using Fn+ up and down arrow keys is now having some issues. It wasn't there before.. Everytime I adjust the brightness, The Bar that shows on my screen is not calibrated or not accurate. It adjust by 4 rows each time i press it, so from high pressing the down button just once it drops to 4 bars and pressing it again shows no highlighted bars anymore but the brightness of my screen is still the same. 

I uninstall Energy management and restart my pc and reinstall it again but still the same. My Fn+f4 and Fn+F1 are also not working anymore.. 

I tried to flash the Bios I downloaded from the web but I am getting an error saying "Error: 182 - BIOS Image is equal or older than ROM".. 

I went on the bios settings to ENABLE the Bios Flash configuration. Then restart and try to install again but still the same error.  I checked the system info and still saying the same sht.. It's 2012.. So now I dont know whats going on.. 

I am still googling some answers on any forums but not getting any answers. I am trying to fix this issue for 3 days now, and I feel like I am losing my mind.... 

Can anyone help me pls???. :'(  

I don't know if I need to reinstall the 2012 Bios update that was on the lenovo site before but now its gone.. 

If anyone from Lenovo Family out there is online pls HELP!!! :'( 

brushj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 700
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Z480 Bios can't update to 2014 Private and Public installer

Did you ever get an answer to your question about ERROR 182 - BIOS image is equal or older than ROM!

. . . John

******@verizon.net

Mod's Edit: Email address removed to protect owner from email harvesters.

jobpvill
Fanfold Paper
Views: 689
Message 3 of 4

Heyah!, well to be honest, I didn't continue the installation of the new BIOS update.. You know why?.. Coz it has a lot of glitch.. So I went to downgrading it to the old Bios version. So if i were you and your using Z480 DO NOT UPDATE YOUR BIOS... It will make your PC FN malfunctions.. Even Brightness and other FN.

Stick to 5FCN35WW 8/3/2012 update.. It is much better than the new update.. 

brushj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 681
Message 4 of 4

No I did not, but I discovered that message means exactly what it says. The BIOS version I'm trying to flash is the same as the one already installed. To get around this error you have to set the BIOS parameter "BIOS Back Flash" to ENABLED.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors