Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacific89
Paper Tape
Views: 24,774
Message 1 of 18

Lenovo Z50-70 Full HD Display Issue

Hi,

I purchsed this Ideapad Z50-70 laptop two days back. It was DOS based so I had to install Windows 8.1 OS myself. After installing the OS, I installed all the drivers for this laptop. 

The display of the laptop is set to Full HD resolution i.e. 1920*1080. However, it doesn't look as sharp and crips as a normal HD display should be. The text and other things looks blurred. Also, the contrast of the screen doesn't seem well. Though the resolution is set to Full HD, I'm not feeling the quality smoothness and sharpness of the full HD display.

Please suggest if I need to install/upgrade anything or If I've missed something. Kindly help how do I improve the display quality of  my laptop.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 24,624
Message 2 of 18

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 Full HD Display Issue

Hi Pacific89,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with full HD display issue in your Lenovo Z50-70 laptop.

Check if the screen resolution is set to maximum i.e 1920x1080. You check by go to control panel, select display option and select adjust resolution, under that check for the recommended resolution it must be 1920x1080.

If still the issue persists try to upgrade the graphic driver to the latest version and check for the issue.

Click here for the driver for windows 7(32 bit).

Click here for the driver for windows 7(64 bit).

Click here for the driver for windows 8.1(64 bit).

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,  

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

pacific89
Paper Tape
Views: 24,588
Message 3 of 18

I've already installed latest VGA drivers for windows 8.1 (64-bit) but the issue still persists.

Then i tried updating the driver from device manager directly from internet but still no use. 

P.S. : The driver version currently installed on my laptop is 10.18.10.3960.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 24,548
Message 4 of 18

Hi Pacific89,

Thanks for the reply,

Try to connect the external monitor and check for the issue; also try to make a setting in control panel.  Go to control panel and select display under display select adjust clear type text and follow the on screen instruction and check for the issue.

Also under display in control panel select calibrate color and follow the onscreen instruction and check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,   

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
bitcoinerr
Paper Tape
Views: 24,532
Message 5 of 18

I'm also having same issues with this laptop.
Guru
Views: 24,584
Message 6 of 18

My guess is that you have a high DPI setting turned on. Many apps are not compatible with DPI setting other than 100% causing blurry text.

Right click on your desktop -> Screen resoltuion -> Make text and other items larger or smaller -> Set to 100% apply. You'll need to log out and log back in for the change to have effect.

Try it out and let us know how did it go.

Cheers.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
pacific89
Paper Tape
Views: 24,488
Message 7 of 18

Yes.. that worked fine. You are absolutely right. This is exactly what was happening. Though this solution is correct, many things are displayed very small now. I really liked the 125% (default) DPI settings.

Anyways, thanks for the help.
Guru
Views: 24,292
Message 8 of 18

It's a bit of a pain but you can selectively use scaling. The Windows UI scales pretty well, but many applications do not (e.g. Chrome!). You can set the DPI setting globally, and then right clink on an app, go to compatibility tab, and tick "disable display scaling on high DPI settings". This way you can turn off high DPI setting for certain apps. Unfortunately you cannot set different settings for each app. It's just either using the global setting or you tick it and it's 100%.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
raghubk
Paper Tape
Views: 23,987
Message 9 of 18

i also purchased the same laptop and updated windows 8.1 from DOS, i am also facing the same display problem, even i took the laptop to the service centre but they did not help me to rectify this problem.

Please let me know, did u get away from this problem, if so please let me know the steps to rectify this isuse

Thanks

Raghavendra

raghubk
Paper Tape
Views: 23,909
Message 10 of 18

I purchased the Lenovo z50-70 (DOS version )laptop and updated windows 8.1 from DOS, i am also facing the same display problem, even i took the laptop to the service centre but they did not help me to rectify this problem.

Please let me know, did u get away from this problem, if so please let me know the steps to rectify this isuse

Thanks

Raghavendra

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors