US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z50-70 Intel Managment Engine platform not supported issue

2020-02-08, 13:51 PM

Hello all! :)

I'm having a problem with my Z50-70 laptop and problem is that is shutting off every 30 min. I tried to see if it will shut down in BIOS and after 30 min have passed it turned of. By turning of i mean like you pull the plug and kill it :)

I have found out that the problem for this is that ntel Managment Engine is not installed. I tried various verions and all of them are failing and the message i get is "this platform is not supperted" and IME is not installed.

I have tried to scan my laptop in driver section, download recommended IME, downgraded BIOS version, did a fresh Window instalation, did a Windows update and none of it worked.

Can you guys give me some pointers how to resolve this?

Options

9957 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6781 Signins

729679 Page Views

• Views: 729679
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 Intel Managment Engine platform not supported issue

2020-02-10, 17:07 PM

Hi Kristijan00,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would rather that you check the temperature of both CPU and GPU chip and see if this relates to the shutdown after few minutes.

Seeing that the same thing happens in the BIOS, cleaning our the fan and vents and likewise reapplication of thermal paste should be first that you can venture.

You can also try to check it with your local service center if replacing parts would be an option.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save