Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagsi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,629
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Z50 70 Windows 10 upgrade error

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to upgrade Lenovo Z50 70 to Windows 10.

Error msg is 0x80070032. Microsoft support advised to install form USB but upgrade failed again.

Has anyone had such a problem? Any drivers issue?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,606
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z50 70 Windows 10 upgrade error

@dagsi wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to upgrade Lenovo Z50 70 to Windows 10.

Error msg is 0x80070032. Microsoft support advised to install form USB but upgrade failed again.

Has anyone had such a problem? Any drivers issue?

How did you upgrade? Is it through the Store? Or through Windows Update? Or through a downloaded installer?

Before upgrading see to it that there are no file corruption in the existing OS by running with elevated command sfc /scannow. Check for virus, spam, malware, etc. Next copy the installer files to a temporary folder then run setup. You should be able to upgrade smoothly.

dagsi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,553
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z50 70 Windows 10 upgrade error

Thanks for the reply - yes, the problem was due to corrupted file (malware).

Although I had no viruses, even running sfc /scannow was not possible. So, I had to reinstall Win 8.1. Then I upgraded without a problem.

I called Microsoft support and this was the final option. Obviously some files were corrupted and this coud not be fixed. I was advised to reinstall.

For those facing issues with upgrading, I would like to share that the steps I was guided through were to scan tge PC, update drivers, check system requirements. I tried to upgrade from USB...unsuccessful again. Despite my licensed antivirus, there were some damaged files and reinstallation was the only option.

I hope no one gets that far.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors