Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xTeChN0
Token Ring
Views: 1,320
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z50-70 Wireless card not working properly

Hi!

I have a problem with my notebook Lenovo Z50-70 type 80E7. Bought in Estonia (Europe). The problem is that wifi does not work properly. When I boot up my notebook it cannot find any wireless networks, but they are there. All the other devices can find them and connect. When I put my notebook to sleep (close the lid) and wake it from sleep it then can find all available networks and is able to connect to them and works fine. And it is like that every time I boot my laptop. I reinstalled windows (windows 7) and installed all the drivers and installed right  version of Energy Management. Turned wifi on by pressing F7. I have it running on background and something called utility.exe is running also. I read it is needed for this too. But it is still doing the same thing. Could it be failing wifi card or maybe some settings in windows or in my router? Because I used this laptop in my other home for a day after windows installation and it worked fine, but when I got back to my first home it was acting up in the same way again. Every other device in my home works on the same wifi very well. We have 2 smartphones, 1 tablet and 1 Acer laptop and no problems with them. Only my laptop needs go to sleep and wake from it in order to use wifi. And the fact is that my laptop worked on the same wifi before it started doing this just fine.

And another question. I ordered new wireless card hoping it would work better and have 5GHz wifi support.

The card is:

NBC LV Intel3160 1x1AC+BT PCIE NGFF WLAN

Can I be sure that it will work on my laptop and pass BIOS whitelist check? It is in the manual, but this manual

is for other models too and I have read that other have had problems with authentic cards also. Will it work?

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,297
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 Wireless card not working properly

check in an internet cafe or computer store first. Likely the router setting and band your card is scanning for routers

Any replacement card would need to be Lenovo branded and in the whitelist
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors