GB

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z50-70 black and white screen issue

2019-12-31, 22:04 PM

Evening all,

I have a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop that I'e had for a good few years now.

Everything on it works absolutely fine until approximately four or five months ago an intermittent issue began to occur with he screen.

Sometimes when I power the machine on, but more frequently when I try to wake the device after the screen has gone to sleep, I am left with either a blank white screen or sometimes a mixture of white and black vertical or horizontal lines.

The only way I can get the screen to work again when this happens is reset the machine, but sometimes this take three or four attempts, sometimes even more. Other times the machine works perfectly, with absolutely no issues.

I have plugged the machine into an exteral display and confirmed the system is still working fine, just the device screen is not displaying anything.

Any ideas? Or am I just going to have to shell out for a replacement?

Thank you.

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 black and white screen issue

2020-01-01, 10:13 AM

Welcome to the Community Forums anelson87!

Happy new year to you as well!

Since the Z50-70 laptop is still working fine when it's connected to an external monitor, then this may seem to be a possible hardware failure with the device itself.

One of the reason that can be looked upon here is that there might be a loose cable connection inside the device or with the LCD screen.

You may check your laptop's hardware manual and module to see the steps on how to check the LCD cable If you have experience or two in opening the machine.

Or you may see the list of local service centers in your area to have the device be checked/repaired on their end as they do have the specific/proper tools to proceed in repairing the device's screen since it's working properly when connected to an external monitor.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete