Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristof31395
Fanfold Paper
Views: 575
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z50-70 i7 SSHD issues?

Hello Lenovo community. I have to ask if anyone can give me his review on the Lenovo Z50-70 series SSHD ( hybrid disk ) I have that notebook for almost 2 years now and this is the third time im sending my laptop for reperatures changing the SSHD. 

Does anybody else have this issue or does only my notebook fail ?

Edit : Never defragmented the disk ( since its not neccesary and unwanted by the SSD part ) 

Thanks for your answers appreciate them.

Lenovo z50-70 series

8gb ram, W7 64-bit, Intel hd graphics / Nvidia Geforce 840M

Guru
Views: 550
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 i7 SSHD issues?

If you mean you have 2 drives, one hdd one ssd you dont need to defrag the ssd, just the hdd. BUT if you have an SSHD disk, a hybird, you HAVE to defrag it. There is NO ssd part that windows can "see". The drive *firmware* moves frequent used data to the ssd, much like the memory buffer. Imagine the SSHD as an HDD with a really big memory buffer

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

kristof31395
Fanfold Paper
Views: 522
Message 3 of 5

Didnt know that thanks. But I dont think that is a serious reason for my disk to be destroyed already his third time. My fathers old Lenovo is up for 4 years without a slight trace of damaging.
Guru
Views: 518
Message 4 of 5

Drive failure is a usual cause of dirt/dust high tempratures and drop/shock. Of course fragmentation only makes things worse. It also depends on the disc manufacturer, for example i avoid hitachi disks. Are you sure the replacement disk you got from lenovo is new and not refubrished?

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

kristof31395
Fanfold Paper
Views: 515
Message 5 of 5

I see by me it might be due to overheating since laptops do have a problem with that and I got difficult render programs running for hours sometimes on it ( even with a cooler ) .Well its still in warranty and in the repair report is written has been switched out for a new drive. So I can only guess ( dont want to open and ruin the warranty yet ) .

Anyways I just wanted to know if people do have an issue with the drive or if I got only a wrong part somewhere on the motherboard. 

Thank you for your kind help.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors