Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristof31395
Fanfold Paper
Views: 593
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z50-70 i7 SSHD issues?

Hello Lenovo community. I have to ask if anyone can give me his review on the Lenovo Z50-70 series SSHD ( hybrid disk ) I have that notebook for almost 2 years now and this is the third time im sending my laptop for reperatures changing the SSHD. 

Does anybody else have this issue or does only my notebook fail ?

Edit : Never defragmented the disk ( since its not neccesary and unwanted by the SSD part ) 

Thanks for your answers appreciate them.

Lenovo z50-70 series

8gb ram, W7 64-bit, Intel hd graphics / Nvidia Geforce 840M

Guru
Views: 568
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 i7 SSHD issues?

If you mean you have 2 drives, one hdd one ssd you dont need to defrag the ssd, just the hdd. BUT if you have an SSHD disk, a hybird, you HAVE to defrag it. There is NO ssd part that windows can "see". The drive *firmware* moves frequent used data to the ssd, much like the memory buffer. Imagine the SSHD as an HDD with a really big memory buffer

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

kristof31395
Fanfold Paper
Views: 540
Message 3 of 5

Didnt know that thanks. But I dont think that is a serious reason for my disk to be destroyed already his third time. My fathers old Lenovo is up for 4 years without a slight trace of damaging.
Guru
Views: 536
Message 4 of 5

Drive failure is a usual cause of dirt/dust high tempratures and drop/shock. Of course fragmentation only makes things worse. It also depends on the disc manufacturer, for example i avoid hitachi disks. Are you sure the replacement disk you got from lenovo is new and not refubrished?

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

kristof31395
Fanfold Paper
Views: 533
Message 5 of 5

I see by me it might be due to overheating since laptops do have a problem with that and I got difficult render programs running for hours sometimes on it ( even with a cooler ) .Well its still in warranty and in the repair report is written has been switched out for a new drive. So I can only guess ( dont want to open and ruin the warranty yet ) .

Anyways I just wanted to know if people do have an issue with the drive or if I got only a wrong part somewhere on the motherboard. 

Thank you for your kind help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors