Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vejce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,235
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Z50-70 missing hotkey drivers + energy manager

Hi i recently bought lenovo Z50-70 with i7, 8GB ram, Nvidia 840m without operation system. I installed windows 7 64bit and all drivers for W7 from lenovo website. But i cant find : Lenovo energy manager for W7 and Lenovo ATK hotkeys for W7. Hotkeys are important because i cant see how much i turning down or up music. What should i do? Thank yu for answer and sorry for my bad english. I hope u understand what i mean.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 16,211
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 missing hotkey drivers + energy manager

hi vejce,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

Can you try to install this version (this is for the G50-70, which should also work for the Z50-70).

Lenovo Energy Manager for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)

When finished, try to press F6 (or Fn+F6) and see if the Touchpad hotkeys are working.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

vejce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,192
Message 3 of 6

Thank you it works now. Lenovo has very good support Smiley Happy. But can i have 2 questions? Can i block some hotkeys? Because volume up is on F3 near quit button F4 and i dont want press F4 by mistake. Can i block F4? Second one: Is it possible press hotkeys by FN+ F3 for volume up or FN+F2 for volume down? Its because i had Asus before and i am accustomed on this hotkeys

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 16,184
Message 4 of 6

hi vejce,

Glad to know you got the hotkeys sorted out.

Regarding your questions:

1. I haven't tried blocking the F4 key so it will do nothing when pressed on the Z50-70 but on other systems (eg. Z710), you can do this by using Sharpkeys (see this thread) where you can also map the the F4 (close window) key to another key.

2. There's a setting in the BIOS called Hotkey Mode where you can invert the function keys (eg. F3 to Fn+F3). If this setting is enabled, try to disable it and observe.

Link to picture

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

vejce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,173
Message 5 of 6

So i did second one i change hotkeys from disabed to enabled. Now the hotkeys FN+F3 ect worksSmiley Happy. After i tried sharpkeys but sharpkey doesnt recognize FN+F4. Just F4 and its bad because i need F4 for works in Excel (F4 means change cell reference). So do you know about another solution?

vejce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,146
Message 6 of 6

Anyway thank you for your help Smiley Happy 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors