Egypt

3 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Z50-70 two hidden RAM Slots?

2015-04-09, 13:24 PM

Hello everyone! :)

In the below pictures, you can see that there are 4 RAM slots, 2 free and 2 used.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speccy:-

Link to picture/image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lenovo Solution Center:-

Link to picture/image

Windows Task Manager:-

Link to picture/image

But when I took off the back cover I found only two RAM slots which have a place for only one RAM to be applied in each.

Mod comment: Over sized pictures converted to links. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

Options

792 Posts

07-25-2013

AU

678 Signins

9430 Page Views

• Views: 9430
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 two hidden RAM Slots?

2015-04-09, 22:56 PM

There are no hidden RAM slots on your computer.

Even if you did have two more, there's absolutely no point in having more RAM on this computer, unless you need actually need it for some memory heavy tasks, which you wouldn't do on this kind of PC anyway.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Options

1 Posts

10-03-2016

AU

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 two hidden RAM Slots?

2016-10-03, 13:56 PM

Yep I noticed the 2 of 4 slots being used. Because the cpu has 4 cores maybe? Either way I did not want to rip anything off the back any further to find out and potentially break it.

I had 4gb ram

The system was generally ok but anything too much was slow. With 8gb now for $20 for the extra chip, easy to install and no setup.

I can now use the potential of the 2gb graphics card which used to suffer.

The 2gb for graphics is taken from the on board ram, presumably,, that leaves 2gb for windows 10 *cough*

When I play GTA5 8.9GB ram is used with the use of cached 2GB. So I believe at least 12GB would be ideal but the cache is enough when combined with the extra 4GB and does not pose a noticeable difference.

Please note playing GTA5 with this system requires first downloading a low end PC settings.xml and pushing forward from there until you are comfortable with performance vs quality.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete