Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliviu
Paper Tape
Views: 415
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z50-75 HDD Caddy Problem

Hi dear Lenovo community,

I've been having a problem regarding an Universal HDD caddy after deciding I want to make my Z50-75 faster. I bought a Kingston 240GB SSD (don't think the brand is needed) to put instead of the SSHD I previously had. So I made a fresh install on the SSD and mount it in the main drive location, I took out the optical drive and replaced it with the HDD caddy with the 1TB sata inside. All good so far, but when the notebook starts the second drive is not recognised - I also tried using the SSD in the caddy without any results

Bios recognises the HDD, but the driver appears as Unkown in Device Manager. I have made a fresh install using UEFI boot mode only, before I was running Windows 10 64-bit with Legacy boot.

I have to mention that I've tried several fixes:

1. Tried to change the switch on the caddy

2. Bios update to the latest version

3. Started everything as fresh install

4. Switch places betwwen the HDD and SSD

5. I have tried to access the Disk Management with the caddy inside, but the Virtual Disk Service  is not connecting

6. The Diskpart command or any partition manager software (I am using EaseUp) is not loading

The model that I own is Z50-75 with the AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 8GB of RAM and 1TB HDD running Windows 10 64-bit version. I have attach pictures with the relevant information and the HDD caddy itself.

Thanks in advance

disk management.pngDisk ManagementHDD caddy.pngDevice Manageruniversal hdd caddy.jpgUniversal HDD Caddy

Oliviu
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z50-75 HDD Caddy Problem

I used Avast Driver Updater and after completing all updates - the HDD cady was recognized! I think the issue was from the IDE ATA/ ATAPI controllers or from any the Serial Bus controller driver. The most important mention is that the updates appeared only with the old optical drive inside! Hopefully, this thread will help a person that has the same problem as me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors