Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cburns33
Paper Tape
Views: 839
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Z50-75: System Update won't download BIOS update

I've been getting the "Thread Stuck in Driver" BSOD when playing games for several months now and have just been trying to ignore it. However, it's gotten too bad to be ignored any longer. I've been trying to download a BIOS update (as another thread on this topic suggested) but the System Update program refuses to download the BIOS update it says I need every single time.

I can provide more info on my system if necessary. 

Thanks for the help.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 809
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z50-75: System Update won't download BIOS update

You can download the BIOS update manually from the Lenovo by going to this site, letting it detect your systems serial number automatically, and then selecting Drivers and Software >> BIOS/UEFI.     I believe it will just take you to this page, but it never hurts to let it detect your system to be sure.

Be sure to read the readme.txt instructions closely, and reboot your system to ensure it is stable before running the BIOS update utility.

Take Care, 

cburns33
Paper Tape
Views: 781
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z50-75: System Update won't download BIOS update

Thanks for your response. I successfully updated the BIOS, but I'm still getting the THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER blue screen. Looking at other community posts on this issue, it looks like there is no real solution for this, and Lenovo doesn't really care about helping people fix it. This will definitely the last Lenovo laptop I ever purchase, and I will try to actively prevent other people from purchasing their machines as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors