Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BennyBoyW
What's DOS?
Views: 1,217
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Z50 driver problem

Hi

I have a Lenovo Z50 running Windows 10 Home which I am trying to hook up to an Arduino Uno.

When I attach the Arduino to the laptop, Device Manager shows it in the Other Devices section with an exclamation mark suggesting the drivers need to be updated.

However, every time I try to update the drivers I get the attached error (Drivererror.jpg).

When I attach the board to a different computer also running Windows 10 Home, it works just fine

Does anyone have any ideas that might help me here ?  I've tried turning off the signed drivers requirement and safeboot but to no avail

Thanks

Ben

DriverError.jpg

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,188
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Z50 driver problem

You have actually three options: the web editor, IDE (Windows installer), and IDE (Zip). You can try the zip version but first try to uninstall the previous one. The driver for your board will be auto-detected and installed but you have to select the board that you have in the Tools menu.

BennyBoyW
What's DOS?
Views: 1,181
Message 3 of 7

Brilliant - thank you so much for the reply as this has been driving me nuts for days.

I'll give it a go when I get back from work and let you know what happens.

Ben

BennyBoyW
What's DOS?
Views: 1,164
Message 4 of 7

Hi

I tried the Zip install and have exactly the same problem

DeviceManager.jpgDriverError.jpg

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,158
Message 5 of 7

Try not connecting to the internet temporarily. Uninstall the Arduino driver with delete if the option is presented. Then run Sketch from the uncompressed zip file. Plug your board. Windows will install the driver from the uncompressed folder. Check if you can run some basic example program after selecting the board, processor, and com port from the tools menu.

If you still could not run the examples using your board, try contacting Arduino. If they run, then you may have to disable windows update so that the driver will not be replaced automatically.

BennyBoyW
What's DOS?
Views: 1,145
Message 6 of 7

Thank you again for taking time to reply. I will try this from home tonight and report back.

BennyBoyW
What's DOS?
Views: 1,112
Message 7 of 7

I have good news.

I decided that I seriously disliked the configuration of my laptop - it was full of horrible Lenovo software and was outrageously slow and locked down.

So last night I decided to bite the bullet, backup my documents and rebuild the laptop from scratch.

When I plugged my Arduino board into the laptop after the rebuild, it worked beautifully.

So I believe I had something very wrong in my installation of Windows that came when I bought the laptop.

Anyway - I am happily playing away with my Arduino board now, and as a bonus, I am liking my laptop for the first time ever.

Thank you so much for the helpful responses during this problem that i have had.

I hope our paths cross again Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors