Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KILLTROOP
Paper Tape
Views: 431
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z50 uninstall dolby digital pro

Hi i want to completly uninstall the dolby program because it isn't doing it's job properly with my speaker system. i have connected it with the AUX-cable and when i try it i get no bass. and when i try to uninstall it it still is there when i'm going to put on bass enhancment. so i can't do anything with that... anyone know off a way i can remove it and get the enhancment function??

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 421
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z50 uninstall dolby digital pro

hi KILLTROOP,

Welcome to the Forums.

I don't have a Z50 here for testing but AFAIK, the audio enhancements are connected to the Conexant Audio driver (no enhancements on generic driver)

Things that you can try:

1. Follow this guide on how to disable automatic driver installation (works with Win7/8.1/10)

2. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+X then navigate to  Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs and uninstall all audio devices there (if prompted, delete the driver software for the device) then navigate to Sound, video, and game controllers and uninstall the Conexant Audio Device there too.

- Sample image

- Sample image

3. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+X, choose Programs and Features then uninstall the Conexant Audio Driver and anything that says Dolby then reboot.

4. Download and run the Conexant Audio Driver but don't proceed with the installation (our aim is to just extract the files under C:\Drivers\Conexant Audio Driver ).

Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook

Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After extracting the files, open up Device Manager --> Sound, video, and game controllers (right click --> Update driver Software) > Browse my computer for driver software and point it to the audio driver that you extracted on Step 4 (e.g., C:\Drivers\Conexant Audio Driver) then reboot if necessary.

When finished, check the Sound properties and see if you have the audio enhancements there without the Dolby feature.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Top Kudoed Authors