Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hrachu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 961
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Z500 fan is not working

I have problems with fan. When I turn on my notebook fan start working after 5-10 minutes sometimes even not started and I can hear some weird sound like very fast clock ticking.  I tryed solve it with a lot of fan control programs but they didnt help me (they were working only for short time). Then I was reading some articles where people were talking about problems with win10 but I dont think It's my problem because I have win10 on this PC half year and problems started two weeks ago. I think problem is somwhere in new drivers but I didnt found out nothing on internet. Can someone help me solve this or give me tip where should I look problem for ? Thanks. (Sorry for my english, Im just started learning it)  

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 944
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Z500 fan is not working

Hi Hirachu and welcome to the community,

Have you ever cleaned the dirt out of the fan assembly?  Just blowing air in through the vent will only push more dirt into the fan.  You have to disassemble the machine to properly clean the dirt out.

Here's a video on disassembly if you want to take it on yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIrjPlW3r0

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Hrachu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 932
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your advice topmathof, 

sadly, I did this a lot of times, last time 3 days ago and it didnt helped. I started to thinking, that fan is broken or some part of PC what working with it because he was working but rarely stoped, today, he is not working at all and that thicking is idicate, he wont working but he cant for some reason ( thats my opinion I dont know if right but I didnt found any onther clue on internet.) But thanks a lot for your tip.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 916
Message 4 of 7

With the noise that you say that it is making, then I am inclined to agree with you that the fan could need replacing.

Do you have the Z500 or the Z500 touch and to you have switchable graphics in your machine?

Regards,

Dave

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Highlighted
Hrachu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 899
Message 5 of 7

I have Z500 touch and I think there is switchable graphics. Tomorrow Im gonna try to borrow fan and switch it. If everything will work Im gonna put info here, for people with same problem. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Hrachu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 879
Message 6 of 7

Solution was much more easier than I realized. When I disassembled PC I noteced, that Fan was wrong connected in connector. All what I have to do was push it little bit more inside connector. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 875
Message 7 of 7

All right,

So you got it working, good for you.

Dave

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors