Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingofweb89
Punch Card
Views: 1,047
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z500 touch static sound

Ever since I got the laptop over a year ago, the audio was never working properly for me. 

Every time a sound was played there would be a staticky sound played with the audio. 

The same thing happens when I use headphones with it.

The laptop is also out of warranty so I don't know what to do.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,038
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z500 touch static sound

If you haven't re-install the audio drivers, now might be a good time to try.  The link below is for the available drivers from Lenovo for your model.  Just select your operating system in the top box to obtain a correct listing of the drivers.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z500-...

It is unfortunate that you didn't try and resolve the problem during your warranty period as it could be hardware related. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

kingofweb89
Punch Card
Views: 1,023
Message 3 of 5

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 and it seems like without the driver installed the audio works fine, however the sound isn't as loud as it should like when the driver is installed. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,018
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried installing the drivers from the Realtek website ?  Here is a link.......

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

kingofweb89
Punch Card
Views: 1,006
Message 5 of 5

I just installed them and the sound is back to normal volume and I don't hear the static anymore. Although there is a faint little static in the right earcup when using headphones sometimes, but I use a usb sound card anyway so that doesn't matter.

Thank You for your help!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors