Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dvntsx
Paper Tape
Views: 927
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Z500 turns off few seconds after turn on. It starts for the second time.

Hello,

From several days my Lenovo Z500 has a strange issue. When i push the turn on button, laptop starts and turns off after few seconds when windows logo appears. When i push again the button it starts properly without any problems.

I have a Windows 10 Professional, everything was ok for a long time and now i don't know how to solve my problem.

I will aprreciate any ideas.

I thought about reinstalling Windows, but maybe you know the solution to fix it.

P.S. I have the latest BIOS installed.

Kind Regards,

Albert

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 904
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z500 turns off few seconds after turn on. It starts for the second time.

Since the Z500 is not supported and by the fact that Win 10 might run at one time. The issue might be due to a recent update of Windows. Try restoring to a previous date where you think you do not have any issues at all.

dvntsx
Paper Tape
Views: 899
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z500 turns off few seconds after turn on. It starts for the second time.

I think i resolved the problem.

Problem was enabled "fast startup" in power settings.

To disable Fast Startup, follow these simple instructions:

1. Open the Start screen
  2. type po bu right on the Start screen (short for power buttons). It will bring you directly to the 'Change what the power buttons do' applet in search results.
  3. Click on the 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' link to make the Shutdown options available.
  4. Untick the Turn on fast startup (enabled) option.
  5. That's it. Now the Fast Startup feature is disabled.

Now everything works fine, z500 boots each time correctly with first run.

Thank you LenBlazer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors