Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amr-mamdouh
Paper Tape
Views: 404
Message 1 of 13

Lenovo Z5070 windows problem !

Well i have been suffering this problem scince the very first days i bought the laptop back in 2015 , the problem is as following :- it is n't connected to a specific action or application ,it just happens at anytime ,suddenly the mouse arrow becomes very very slow for about a minute , then a blue screen comes for just 2 seconds then everything come back to normal again , but any window or any copying process will be canceled ... its just very wierd ,i changed the windows many times and i always update my graphic card but nothing is working at all , its very annoying specially when i am in a middle of a copying or moving process then in the middle it stops ,and sometimes it didn't , so i don't know what is the source of this problem ,so please can anyone help me ?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 362
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenovo Z5070 windows problem !

I would go into Task Manager, performance tab and check your memory usage.Also check System Reserved value.  Post a screen shot of this.

Also check your page file size and location. Make sure it is NOT a fixed size and ONLY on the C drive.

Your system is probably THRASHING the page file, which would stutter mouse movement.

Always set your page file to SYSTEM Managed initially.  You may need to change it to a fixed size, depending on your configuration and memory load.

What OS was installed in 2015? Did you go to windows 10? 32/64 bit?

[edit: A fixed size page file may work best].

Amr-mamdouh
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 3 of 13

First, thanks for responding ,appreciated ,,, It is windows 8.1 that i am running now , i tried windows 10 , same problem happened , this problem only doesn't happen with windows 7 ,, and here you are all the informations you asked for.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 351
Message 4 of 13

You have a Seagate 1TB SSHD with 3 partitions on it.  The SS buffer is the bottleneck.

With 3 partitions, the HDD is going wacko with head drive movement.

Put 2.5 inch SSD in your machine and dump the spinner. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784SLQM6/ref=sxts_kp_bs_tr_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=8778bc68-27e7...

Amr-mamdouh
Paper Tape
Views: 346
Message 5 of 13

so no other way than this , i must buy a 2.5 internal ssd ? , and why it isn't happening in windows 7 ?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 342
Message 6 of 13

Download CPUZ: use the december 2017 version.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Post the SPD tab (slot 1,2,3,4) <two will have memory.

And the MEMORY tab screen. You have a 2GB stick and 4GB stick. Is the 4GB  in slot 0 and 2GB in other slot.  Put Largest in slot 0.

If you installed win 7, was it HOME 32 bit or professional 64 bit ?

home 32 bit will not use over 4GB of memory, top  1GB reserved. If 2GB 1st, it will use 2GB of other stick.

Now the fun.

What graphics card came with the machine and what graphics card is in there now?

Did you make any changes via the Nvidia control panel?

OEM win 8 is one of these:

Some: NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M, 2GB or 4GB memory, DirectX 11
Some: NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M, 2GB memory, DirectX 11

Win 10 is directX 12. Latest win 7 is directx 11, it came out with directx 9  if I remember.

Type  DXDIAG in the search box. Provide a screen of of the DISPLAY page.

You did state your screen waxes up at times.

When I went to win 10, I had to change my Nvidia graphics card to one supporting DirectX 12.

At this time, we are exploring your win 8.1 machine. Other issues may be lurking.   Thanks for the great screen shots. Very helpful.  What do you have in the E and F drives? gaming software??

If win 10 sends some NEW directx 12 goodies to your Directx 11 graphics, the graphics card is probably getting sick for 2 minutes or so, ie crashing and resetting.

specs.PNG

Your machine is NOT a gaming machine.  It will only run limited games with success.

Did you mess with any registry entries graphics memory wise?

Amr-mamdouh
Paper Tape
Views: 334
Message 7 of 13

If i did so , (C=120GB d=100GB e=100GB) i will be using only 320Gb out of the 1TB ! Smiley Very Happy ,thats doen'nt make sense, not even the half ?! ,, here are the informations you asked for.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Amr-mamdouh
Paper Tape
Views: 331
Message 8 of 13

Also this may help.Untitled.jpg

Amr-mamdouh
Paper Tape
Views: 320
Message 9 of 13

Thats alot of science up there xD ,, so, here are the answers :- it was win 7 x32 bit ,,, my graphic card is NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M, 2GB ,,,, and yes i changed alooot of things in the Nvidia control panel but only to solve the problem , but nothing worked  ,,,, on "E" drive i have all my data , movies ,songs , pictures and programs ,,, on "F" i have games ,just games ,,, and here is the display page from DXDIAG.1.jpg

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 319
Message 10 of 13

Memory looks fine.

Seagate.

------------------------- -----

SOLID State 8GB buffer.

-------------------------------$

System Reserved.                          $                    We have disk head movement. Loading your game from E.

Chunk for C                                   $                     Using windows software on C. 

Chunk for E                                   $                      Slice and dice over and over.

Chunk for F                                   $                       Penthouse please, then to the basement please, etc.

---------------------------------

OPPS. Page fault in memory, time to access the page file on C again and again over and over.

Time to dump the 8GB cache. We do have to update the game stuff on F. Head Movement.

==

Put everything on the C drive. Then defrag the C drive.  For now, defrag all 3 drives. HUmm?

Have you defraged your drives lately?

Also run disk cleanup, advanced options, and select all except thumbnails. You will get 6GB of the

windows sand bag back.  This will run 2 hours. Take a break. The HDD heads to have to sail over this 6GB to find your game, LOL.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Backup C drive to your ever big HDD by adding D drive: my backup via Macrium.

Spend $60 and buy a 1TB USB external box HDD, ie Seagate 1TB backup plus slim.

Macrium FREE can back up your C drive with love.  Create the standalone Macrium boot stick for all to work. $49  on sale this week at BestBuy.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors