Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romantic_guy08
Paper Tape
Views: 410
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Z5070 wont Boot after RAM Upgrade

I tried to change the RAM of my Lenovo Z5070 from a Kingston RAM DDR3L: KVR16LS11/4 4gb to a Kingston HX316LS9IB/8 8gb but after I changed the RAM laptop won't boot up. Indicater lights are lit but screen is just blank and HD doesnt seem to be spinning. 

Tried to put the old RAM in but still won't boot up. 

What could be the solution or fix?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 406
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Z5070 wont Boot after RAM Upgrade

@romantic_guy08 wrote:

I tried to change the RAM of my Lenovo Z5070 from a Kingston RAM DDR3L: KVR16LS11/4 4gb to a Kingston HX316LS9IB/8 8gb but after I changed the RAM laptop won't boot up. Indicater lights are lit but screen is just blank and HD doesnt seem to be spinning. 

Tried to put the old RAM in but still won't boot up. 

What could be the solution or fix?

If you can go to bios try to reset everything to default values.

romantic_guy08
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 3 of 6

After leaving the unit on its on for sometime, the Z5070 is up and running agian with the previous RAM. 

I'll try to change again with the HyperX.

Thanks,

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 375
Message 4 of 6

@romantic_guy08 wrote:

After leaving the unit on its on for sometime, the Z5070 is up and running agian with the previous RAM. 

Thanks,

Get the spec of your processor through Intel's site. In the spec you will get the specs for the ram module to be use with the processor. Compare this with the specs of the HyperX ram module that you have. If they match then it should be good with your unit. If not then don't use it.

romantic_guy08
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 5 of 6

@LenBlazer wrote:

@romantic_guy08 wrote:

Thanks,

Get the spec of your processor through Intel's site. In the spec you will get the specs for the ram module to be use with the processor. Compare this with the specs of the HyperX ram module that you have. If they match then it should be good with your unit. If not then don't use it.

Its up and running now on the HyperX... used the other other slot and it booted up immediately. Works perfectly fine now...

Thanks for all the tips.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 365
Message 6 of 6

The modules aren't compatible if it won't finish POST. Even modules that finish post may not work. The OS will hang when it tries to use it. The timing and/or size is not right for the motherboard design. If 8GB modules are supported then its the specific type of module.

Since you are using Kingston check the Kingston parts tool and the part number they indicate is built for your machine. Using that guarantees it would work. This all assumes the module is install correctly and is not damaged in any way.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors