Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MuhammedKarem
Paper Tape
Views: 3,613
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo Z51-70 Battery not charging

I have The lenovo Z51-70 laptop for over a year and half a year without a single problem until the last two weeks when i noticed that battery is not charging and when a point at the battery icon in the task bar it says (plugged in , not charging) and 0% , need help is it something with the drivers or the whole battery needs to be exchanged ?

HT1304949
Paper Tape
Views: 3,438
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo Z51-70 Battery not charging

Please check your bettery status in One Key Optimiser
MuhammedKarem
Paper Tape
Views: 3,434
Message 3 of 12

So batteries don't live forever !? but it's just 1 and half a year old 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,412
Message 4 of 12

You may have a battery reset ( gauge reset ) option on the Power Management software. Check and try to reset it

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Arjun_Soma
Punch Card
Views: 3,395
Message 5 of 12

My battery age is 2 years. I am happy I got 6 months more time than your's. Seems Lenovo Z51-70 batteries are of poor quality. But the official site of Lenovo provides a powerful fact that "Today's battery can have a maximum life of 2 years and after 2 years they may fail at any time". Now I have to go to support center to replace my battery. You should feel happy because I lost HDD after just one year. Z51-70 is a combination of low life hardware. Please message me if you have replaced|want to replace battery. Because I too have exact same problem. We can help each other by sharing information regarding our Laptop's situation. Thank you for your post. 

After seeing your post I am feeling like something killed our batteries ? Are they really damaged or is this some technical issue ? 

Oh my God...

MuhammedKarem
Paper Tape
Views: 3,380
Message 6 of 12

it seems like they have poor quality batteries for all the models cause they have recalled alot of batteries , i am waiting to finish my final exams and i'll go to a service center to got it replaced , will keep you in touch 

ani09135
Paper Tape
Views: 2,538
Message 7 of 12

I have the same laptop and the problem suddenly popped up in the last 2 days. prior to that, it was giving backup of 2:30-3:00 hours, but now, the situation is worst, it drains out in just 20minutes or even less. The customer service is pathetic.
I still have the additional warranty of 2 years but the technical assistant said that won't be covered. However, the warranty term reads:

"Extended Warranty Agreement covers components installed in your Covered Product at the time of purchase, including the internal central processing unit, integrated hard disk drive, integrated optical drive, integrated keyboard, integrated pointing devices, integrated LCD screen, optional features installed by Lenovo at the time of purchase, and other components that Lenovo includes as a standard feature with the Covered Product."

Isn't a battery standard product with any laptop? 
and rightly said it seems that Lenovo just manufactures products to last for a year.
I will never recommend anyone to go for Lenovo products because finally, they are not going to get the service as they need.

Arjun_Soma
Punch Card
Views: 2,530
Message 8 of 12

Batteries are not covered in warranty beyond certain period of time after purhase date. I think it is 1 year for Laptop battery (matches with base warranty). For mobiles it is 6 months only. However recently Lenovo introduced a new warranty scheme called as "sealed-battery-warranty-extension". I think Lenovo Z51-70 comes under this category. I think it is not eligible because it is old model and we are in India (not US). 

I am sure Extended Warranty will not cover battery otherwise everyone will buy it as batteries may fail anytime after 2 years in most cases. Coming to quality of Lenovo products I will say one thing. F@CK Lenovo India.  I bought Lenovo Z51-70. Hard disk failed after 1 year. Battery failed after 2 years. I bought Lenovo K6 Power mobile. Adapter failed after 1 year. Data cable failed after 1 year. From the heart and brain I say NO to Lenovo, NEVER AGAIN IN FUTURE I AM GOING TO WASTE MY MONEY. 

ani09135
Paper Tape
Views: 2,520
Message 9 of 12

You are absolutely right. Product sucks. moreover, the tech support is pathetic.

Arjun_Soma
Punch Card
Views: 2,518
Message 10 of 12

Lenovo has only two Exclusive Repair Centers. One in Bengaluru, another in Hyderabad. Remaining are Lenovo aithorised third party service centers. I won't expect good service from my near by authorised service center as the problem is with "sealed-battery-replacement". I have decided to go Hyderabad. I will update my experience after that. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors