Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iriad11
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z51-70 Dolby settings not activating after Windows update

After updating my windows to 1903 Dolby stopped working. Then I came to know that it was an issue with the windows update and licenses. So, I waited for the next windows update to solve the issue. But now my laptop received 2 cumulative updates to Window 10 version 1903 and Microsoft says that the problem is solved. But my laptop is still suffering issues with Dolby. What should I do now? Here are some images

Annotation 2019-08-15 122734.jpgAnnotation 2019-08-15 122716.jpg

EyeDeeNo
WWAN
Views: 221
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z51-70 Dolby settings not activating after Windows update

If you have not done so yet, I would try reinstalling the Realtek Audio Driver. Lenovo bundles Dolby software with them.

Edit: If still no good try steps 8 and/or 1 of How to Fix asl.dll Errors.

iriad11
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. I have reinstalled the driver several times which doesn't help. Step 1 or 8 from the external link you provided also doesn't help.
EyeDeeNo
WWAN
Views: 139
Message 4 of 5

To rule out it is not a virus or malware run a full system scan of your antivirus software or in case you do not have one other than Windows Defender download Malwarebytes. While your thaere download AdwCleaner also.

After that download and run Windows Repair to see if that can help clear up things.

iriad11
Paper Tape
Views: 132
Message 5 of 5

This is not a virus or malware issue. It was working perfectly before the windows update. And after updating there was this issue. It is mentioned in the windows update section that it was a problem generated with a new version of windows. But the claim that this issue was solved with the later update. But after installing that update the issue remains.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors