Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Typhoon8
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,466
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z51-70 Graphics Card AMD R9 M375 Issue

Hi all, this is my first message here :-)

I'm having an issue with Digital Combat Simulator (DCS, https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/), the game crashes every time I go into a mission. I've contacted game support and the crash report points to a GPU fault. I was able to run prior versions of the game tho (1.5.7 was working all right, then at the update to 1.5.8 and 2.5.0 I wasn't able to play anymore).

My laptop meets the game requirements for sure, the fullest laptop data I found has been here: https://www.cnet.com/products/lenovo-z51-80k6002su-s-black-5th-generation-intel-core-i7-5500u-2-40gh...

My SO is Windows 10 Home Edition - 64 bits, I have installed Directx 12 (FL 11.1). BIOS version is 015.049.000.040

The drivers for the dedicated AMD card is the last stable one: Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1, with driver version 23.20.15017.3010, with release date 01/31/2018

The integrated Intel Card (Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500) has a driver version 20.19.15.4624, with release date 03/08/2017, updated using lenovo webpage https://support.lenovo.com/es/en/downloads/ds103653

What I've already tried (as far as today, no one fixed the issue):

- Setting DCS graphic settings to minimum.

- Updating drivers on both GPUs though Windows device administrator. AMD was updated to actual last driver (Windows updated just to 2015 driver) by downloading from AMD webpage.

- Disabling Intel GPU in the device administrator to make AMD the main and only GPU in the laptop. I think the game actually load this time, but on the task administrator it was showed a ~98% use of CPU and 0% of AMD card, so it didn't resolve the issue. The game seemed like frozen, like if CPU couldn't handle every computation needed for the game in real time.

- Get in the BIOS to try to set up AMD as the main GPU. The only options allowed were UMA graphic (Intel GPU, if I'm not wrong) and Switchable Graphics. This last one was the selected one, and I applied no changes to BIOS default settings.

- Learnt about how Lenovo handles the double GPU, activating the second one when there's a great demand in computations. Dell laptops have similar issues as well.

- I don't know if I have AMD Catalyst Control software installed or not, I don't have any exe to launch it, but I have a software which checks system settings and GPU, and manage some aspects of this last one. It appears as AMD Radeon Settings. Unlike other user issue, my AMD GPU does not appear as (Disabled) there, only as (Discrete/Hybrid). It says that "No displays are currently connected to AMD products", but it could be the way Lenovo makes it work, though the Intel one. In the AMD software Switchable Graphics tab, DCS wasn't there, so I added Run.exe there, with option to use max performance.

- I tried to revert to DirectX 11.3, as a workmate told me some GPUs could been not prepared for last Directx versions, but I couldn't find an executable to install this specific version. Directx does not appear on Remove Program at control panel either.

And just some random tests:

- Disabling AMD GPU in the device administrator to make Intel integrated card the only working GPU in the laptop.

- I runned a Lenovo Solution Center quick scan, there was a warning on AMD GPU, and one error with memory.

Sorry if there's something unclear, English is not my native language. I can further explain what I say, and attach any more screenshots if needed.

Best regards and thanks for the help :-)

DCS Error.PNGDCS Crash, after setting with the mission editor

Task Manager during DCScrash.PNGWorkload during the crash. I think the GPU 1 has this issue

LSC 2.PNGVideo Memory Test warning

LSC 3.PNG"Prueba de lectura dirigida" error

salah_awwad
Paper Tape
Views: 373
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z51-70 Graphics Card AMD R9 M375 Issue

same problem here ,,, any help ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors