Did you mean: 
Highlighted
akhil916
Fanfold Paper
Views: 868
Message 1 of 14

Lenovo Z51-70 Stuttering in between

Please check out these videos to know what exactly the problem is

This was recorded from my camera where you can see a lag in between.

This has been recorded through the Game DVR from the laptop. So, from the prev video whenever there is stuttering special effect the laptop doesn't record it, instead hangs on and skips it. Here, the audio doesn't even sync because the recorded video was bigger(from which I trimmed this) and the commentary went on while the frames have been paused.

I'm unable to understand why this problem persists for such a high-end laptop.

Guru
Views: 818
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo Z51-70 Stuttering in between

Is this an online game? Have you tried offline?

Does the same thing happen in other games?

One issue could be that your integrated GPU is being used, which is probably not giving good performance.

-- Go to AMD Catalyst Center, Click on Gaming and then Open Application Settings and see that FIFA is set to High Performance.

Next, make sure that you are always connected to Power supply and not playing on Battery.

Let me know if either of those suggestions help you out.

Also, it would be great if you can post the full specifications of your laptop. (CPU, GPU, RAM, any external peripherals)

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
akhil916
Fanfold Paper
Views: 810
Message 3 of 14

Lenovo Z51-70 - 8 GB RAM - 4 GB AMD Tropo X2 Graphics - Intel core i7 5th Gen

Yes I have it under AMD settings and it's offline. I have the same doubt about GPU switching.Maybe at times it's switching to Intel graphics. Can that be solved?

Guru
Views: 806
Message 4 of 14

If you have FIFA switched to "High Performance", it should not be stuttering. Is it set, can you please post a screenshot?

Go to Switchable Graphics menu (in Catalyst Control Center) and there you can see the options to see GPU switching monitor and also the performance values. I do not have the laptop right now, but I may be able to post exact details after 7-8 hours.

If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
akhil916
Fanfold Paper
Views: 800
Message 5 of 14

Screenshot (1).png

Here it is. I've adjusted this right on the day I started playing it(almost a month ago)

Guru
Views: 792
Message 6 of 14

Can you please check and see in your FIFA graphics options (Its in the settings menu before you star the game)

Try turning MSAA OFF.

As per information I can find online, AMD Tropo XT2 is actually an architecture and not the GPU. Some people have said that this is similat to r9 m375 GPU which is quite decent.

I have the Y700 with r9m375, will download FIFA on that and test it out.

Currently I play FIFA on my Y510P, specs in my signature.

akhil916
Fanfold Paper
Views: 786
Message 7 of 14

Yes, I haven't found any dedicated info from AMD regarding this GPU set. All the drivers I use do belong to R9 m365 only. 

Coming to the MSAA thing, it is ON in my case. Can you enlighten me about how it's effecting in this case if possible? 

Guru
Views: 782
Message 8 of 14

MSAA is basically MultiSample Anti-Aliasing. It has a big impact on the GPU/CPU.

FIFA 16 is not so GPU intensive and should run good on most systems, however I am thinking that due to the specific AMD gpu it could be causing issues. That is why I am asking to turn down the graphics a little bit.

As I said, I can confirm after I go home, download the game and play it myself. Before that this is the only thing I can think of.

Also, I think you should install r9 m375 graphics drivers (not 365) if the information given on various websites is correct.

Try uninstalling all GPU related stuff (Control Panel) first then intall the drivers again. (Clean Install)

Corrupt drivers can cause such issues and you wouldnt even know until you do the whole process again.

akhil916
Fanfold Paper
Views: 769
Message 9 of 14

Yes, I do have the drivers of M375 only. I've recently reinstalled the drivers too. I didn't help.

Now, I'll check out the game by switching off the MSAA and get back.

akhil916
Fanfold Paper
Views: 760
Message 10 of 14

Unfortunately, the MSAA adjustment didn't work Smiley Indifferent

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors