Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexiss169
Paper Tape
Views: 1,557
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Z51-70 gaming (graphic card) problem

Hello! Recently I bought a new Z51-70 laptop with 8GB RAM, intel core i7 and Radeon R9 m375. I have several problems with it. Firstly the device's performance highly drops when I disconnect the charger. I can see it in games. FPS drops from 40 to 15 :/. Secondly, I am disappointed with gaming performance and I think this could be caused by AMD graphic card issue. I have set "high performance" option in AMD Catalyst Control Centre and I have updated the drivers for both graphic cards but I'm still getting only 30 FPS in Xenoverse 2 on low graphic settings, even if the charger is plugged in. The same with Naruto Storm 4. AMD System Monitor says that the GPU usage is 0% but on the other hand GPU-z says its about 90%. I though that with this laptop configuration I would be able to get 60 fps in almost every game. Is Z51-70 gaming performance really so weak? Is there any way to fix it?
Thanks in advance for the help Smiley Happy.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,487
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Z51-70 gaming (graphic card) problem

Hi  Alexiss169,

The specification of the Z51-70 should be able to play both games at recommended settings. What I would recommend is that you update the BIOS and Chipset drivers from support.lenovo.com and update the video card driver from www.amd.com. I would also recommend setting the power scheme to High Performance when playing. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Alexiss169
Paper Tape
Views: 1,461
Message 3 of 7

I already have the last AMD drivers. I've updated only the chipset driver 'cause I don't really know how to update BIOS and I don't want to broke my new laptop. And it didn't help. I'm still getting only 30 fps and AMD system monitor still shows 0% of usage. Smiley Sad

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,450
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

By the way did you get what BIOS version you have? You can check the BIOS version by pressing the Novo button when the system turn off then selecting BIOS setup from the Novo button menu. Updating the BIOS is easy you just download the BIOS from support.lenovo.com. Plug in the ac adapter, make sure that the battery has more than 30% then run the bios update. The system should restart, and the update should be done. 

Have you already checked the power options for the system. You may want to read this thread also. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Alexiss169
Paper Tape
Views: 1,440
Message 5 of 7

My BIOS version is 2.01. Update on the lenovo support page is 2.02 so I think I will try it later. If the update is an .exe file does all what I have to do is click on it and let things work for me? 

PS. I have Windows 10. I forgot to admit. I didn't make any updates of system, I just bought the device with Win10.

willem14
Paper Tape
Views: 1,319
Message 6 of 7

Did this answer solved your problems?

Kind Regards, 

Willem

Alexiss169
Paper Tape
Views: 1,256
Message 7 of 7

Hello! Sorry for the delay. I've updated the BIOS and the problem is still the same. I guess Radeon m375 just has such a poor performance. I've tested some more games. In "AOT:Wings Of Freedom" I can get about 25 fps at 1280x720 and low graphics settings even if the charger is plugged in. On the other hand in "The Sims 3" with almost all DLC I'm getting stable 30 fps even when I play on battery. So to sum up I think that this computer is just not so good for the demanding games. Smiley Sad
Thanks for the help everyone!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors