Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lech1991
Paper Tape
Views: 1,350
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Z51-70 - integrated microphone and camera not working

I have bought that laptop few days ago without OS, as I already own Win 7, which I just installed. I have downloaded drivers from official Lenovo website for Win7(x64) and install them (exept of those which are not obligatory, like "OneKey Optimizer).

The problem is: The buil-in mic works on very fresh Win7 installation (without any drivers), but but when I install without Dolby Home Theater v4 (taken from official Lenovo site as an audio driver) it stops working. It is still on the "recording devices" list, although the scale does not longer move. When I roll back to the default audio driver it starts to work again, but when I restart system the problem is coming back, and I have to do the same once again in order to use bulid-in microphone.
The same problem is with build-in camera which is working only if I do the already described procedure (tested on Firefox Hello - when the mic is not working I get a message that the mic and camera is not detected).

Important - I have NOT installed "Intel Wireless Display Driver for Windows 7 (64-bit)" as the installer does not allow me to do so. It says that there is no proper device detected in my laptop, so I assumed that my model is not equpped with that device and ingored it, althout the driver is available in "Win7 x64" category. Is it somehow connected?

KonKan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,114
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z51-70 - integrated microphone and camera not working

i just bought the same laptop and i have the same problem.the drives in the official site arent good.you sould pay more attention in your products pls.its my first lenovo device and im already very tired trying to make everything work.pls remake the drivers.thnx

Lech1991
Paper Tape
Views: 1,106
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z51-70 - integrated microphone and camera not working

Unfortunately, I haven't found any solution for this problem yet. If you came up with any idea how to fix it, please let me know.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors