Did you mean: 
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,371
Message 10 of 452

Re: Ideapad Z510 battery problem

Hi Cuddlydons,                           

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery.

As you have mentioned that even after the battery gauge reset the battery charges still 99%.

Try to check with different battery, also try to update the battery firmware and check for the issue.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.                 

Best regards,                       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
CuddlyDons
Punch Card
Views: 5,358
Message 11 of 452

I tried the battery gauge reset last night and after 7 hours it completed and the battery is now worse than original, it shut off again and is now showing it charging from 0% to 100% in a matter of seconds. I have tried updating everything I can find firmware wise and nothing is working, I do not have another battery to try out either. Will I have to send my laptop in for repair? I understand that the battery life expires over time but I have only had the laptop 8 monthsand it is still under warranty.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,350
Message 12 of 452

. Hi Cuddlydons,                           

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery.

As you have mentioned that after the firmware update as you have also mentioned that the there is no other battery to check, as this might be hardware issue with battery, please visit the nearest service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.                 

Best regards,                       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

quendy
Paper Tape
Views: 7,816
Message 13 of 452

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

I have this problem too.
ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,790
Message 14 of 452

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem with my Z510 also.

Even I had purchased the laptop around the time you had. Some 9 months back.

Did you get a resolution to your problem?

Thanks.

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 7,780
Message 15 of 452

Unfortunately, there's been no resolution for my battery issues. I spoke with a representative at Lenovo, and he informed me the only way to fix the issue is to install a new battery. However, as the battery in the Z510 is difficult to remove, it's best to leave this task to a professional. If you can, contact Lenovo and ask them to verify your warranty and have them ship a Z510 battery to a warranty certified service center nearest to your location. 

I'm sorry I don't have more information for you, but that's all I've managed to get after scouring the internet and speaking directly with Lenovo. It's unfortunate to pay $1000 for a lemon, but it would appear that's what is going on with the models we've purchased. 

karthikraj
What's DOS?
Views: 7,759
Message 16 of 452

Did they ship you a new battery? 
Please reply.. as even I have the same problem.. and mine is just 2 months old.

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 7,733
Message 17 of 452

The battery is in-transit at the moment, but it's taken a significant amount of time to arrive. I'm slightly concerned, as my warranty will be up in the coming months and I can't find any verification that replacing the battery will 100% solve the issue. Needless to say, my frustration is growing. 

ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,719
Message 18 of 452

Hi,

My problem is somewhat fixed. I installed the latest BIOS from Lenovo(Version - 39) and installed the latest version of the Energy Manager - Version 8 and ran the Gauge Reset.

When I tried it yesterday, the indicator was working fine. I got the low battery notification when the charge levels went below 10%. Although the backup time varied.

On calling the Lenovo support, at first I was asked to downrade to Windows 8, as Z510 was incompatible with Windows 8.1 due to non-availablility of a suitable BIOS!!! I was surprised as the upgrade was offered by Lenovo and the BIOS is also Lenovo's responsibility.

However, I was unable to revert back to WIndows 8, as the OneKey recovery would only roll back to Windows 8.1.

So far, the indicator is working fine.

Since this seems to be a software issue, don't think replacing the battery will work. However, I'll look into this further next week as I'm very busy this week. Would definitely get this looked into before the end of my warrenty period.

If you are interested, you can give this a go and let me know if it works.

alsjakobso
Paper Tape
Views: 7,693
Message 19 of 452

Exact same problem here. Seems to be a trend. Got an error while trying to update the BIOS--need at least 30% battery power to install. Did you have a workaround for this?

Going to try customer service this afternoon, but I'm not optimistic.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors