Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

Smiley Sad same here

Highlighted
thelongestever
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,656
Message 382 of 452

Lenovo Z510 battery issue, after UPDATING the FIRMWARE

Hello guys, so I am here to address the same issue regarding about the battery problem occur on Lenovo z510. For those of you who are new to this problem or this is the first time, where this issue occurs please check out the following guide

--->https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z510-Battery-Issues/m-p/2248499#M138065 

For the rest of us who are facing the same issue for the 2nd time, I have decided to write this post as I saw that there is many of us who have updated our battery firmware and we are still facing the same issue, plus Lenovo staff themselve have not update us on this issue yet. From here onwards, I am going to be addressing the issue based on my experience, so I had updated my firmware on March of 2016 when this problem occurs. After the update everything was working fine as usual until recently around this week or last week the same issue occurs again and again, which is quite devastating for me as I usually use my laptop for presentation.

I hope that Lenovo support team will be able to fix this issue as soon as possible, as I do use my laptop everyday, sometimes in an environment that does not have plug. Thank You.

Mod's Edit: This posting was merged with existing dicussion.

Capture.JPGLnvBFU v00.65

kibz510
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,408
Message 383 of 452

Re: Lenovo Z510 battery issue, after UPDATING the FIRMWARE

So, here we go again. Same problem here for the 2nd time. I also updated the battery firmware in March 2016 and everything was working fine after that. The battery wear level was at about 90% right after the update, then after a few charge/discharge cycles it went down to about 70% and got stable around there until last Saturday (31 Dec).

Indeed, after leaving the laptop off and unused for 12 days, the battery problem come back. Briefly:

- unreliable battery capacity indicator

- unexpected shutdowns

- battery wear level at 110% (!!!) after battery calibration with Lenovo Energy Manager, now stuck at 92%

- current battery capacity stuck at 99%

It seems a new firmware update is needed here.

As this thread is marked 'Solved', I would suggest to start a new one.

JasonAng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,354
Message 384 of 452

Batteryweak.JPG
I have this problem since I run the battery gauge reset in the Lenovo Energy Manager. Is my problem can be solved by the solution above? Really look forward to your reply soon. Much obliged !

JasonAng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,353
Message 385 of 452

The solution I refer is updating the battery firmware.

MoAtwan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,339
Message 386 of 452

Well it should work my brother had the same problem and it fixed it added 2 years to the battery life and still running

UnknownXX
Punch Card
Views: 1,098
Message 387 of 452

Sudden shutdown!
The nightmare is back!
After updating the firmware posted from Majestic solution I was hoping that the problems were over, and instead I was wrong.
A year later we are still here: in battery mode lenovo Z510 turns off itself suddenly and can only be restarted by connecting it to power supply.
It is really frustrating to work with a PC knowing that sooner or later will disappear and all your progress will be lost.
Lenovo is the first manufacturer in the world of PC and is unable to solve a major problem shared by all users who have purchased this model.
I'm really angry because I thought that the problem was solved but that is not so, and in these conditions I can not seem to work.
I hope Lenovo hear these complaints, and as soon as possible (I would say so urgent) will be able to solve, once and for all, this problem.
I hope you can understand our outrage.

mindhunter
What's DOS?
Views: 953
Message 388 of 452

OMG!! After 8 month in upgrading firmware the problem starts again! Now my battery drain from 100 to 0 in about 10 seconds! It is totally software bug or problem because i ran my laptop in safemode for 2 hours or i can run it without microsoft ACPI driver for arount 2h. It seems something wrong with one of the microsoft update. I reinstalled windows 8.1 10 days ago and problem started around 7 days ago. Also i run firmware update again but it can not install and said there is no attached battery. Lenovo Guys if you hear please help us! The battery is around 100$ but we are sure thats not hardware issue. This is totally soft problem.

mindhunter
What's DOS?
Views: 950
Message 389 of 452

YES! Exactly i have this problem too. The problem appeared after reinstalling windows 8.1 with latests updates until jan2017.
pawello
Paper Tape
Views: 908
Message 390 of 452

I had this problem about a year ago and firmware update fixed it. Now suddenly out of blue sky the same problem happened again. What should I do? I really need my notebook to work properly.

If I try to update firmware again it just says that my battery doesn't require an update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors