cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 33,357
Message 68 of 450

Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

A investigation into these reports of battery failure has been opened. 

I will post in this discussion when I have an update to share.

Thank you,

legofl
What's DOS?
Views: 34,082
Message 1 of 450

Z510 Battery Issue. Not showing actual charge of battery and doesn't warn when battery low

I have had this laptip for about 4 months and this started a week or so ago. I have stopped getting warnings that my batter is low, these used to occur at 10 and 7% battery life. This wouldn't be a big issue but the battery life indicator is not accurate. It shows at a constant 80+% and the next thing I know my computer shuts down for a low battery. Please help me fix this. 

blackknight
What's DOS?
Views: 34,056
Message 2 of 450

Re: Z510 Battery Issue. Not showing actual charge of battery and doesn't warn when battery low

I have the exact same problem

legofl
What's DOS?
Views: 34,026
Message 3 of 450

Re: Z510 Battery Issue. Not showing actual charge of battery and doesn't warn when battery low

Now on a full charge my battery only lasts an hour where as before it would last 4. I just had it charging for a few hours, which would previously haave been a full battery and 4 hours of life but it just died only an hour later.

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 36,752
Message 4 of 450

Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

Hello, 

I'm looking for help regarding a Lenovo Z510 Laptop I purchased in December of last year. I've had the laptop for approximately 9 months now with no issues whatsoever. My first experience with Lenovo was going smoothly, big fan of the machine. 

In the last week, however, I've begun to experience significant issues with the laptop's battery. Issues began when the laptop stopped sending my low battery notifications (It used to send them at 14% and 7%, for low and critical respectively). After these messages stopped, the laptop began shutting itself down intermittedly, much to my lament. In the next several days, I noticed the laptop's inability to read the battery charge correctly; the battery icon in the lower left corner of the screen would either stay static at 100%, 0%, or drain very slowly or charge very quickly. Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated that a machine of 9 months would be experiencing such severe issues. 

After doing extensive reading, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the battery drivers, recalibrating the battery by allowing the computer to drain to zero and charge itself back up, and running the Gauge reset on the Lenovo Energy Manager. Despite all of this, the laptop is still having issues with the battery. I've read others have been experiencing the same issues, so I'm hoping desperately there's some kind of fix without me having to send it away for repairs (it's still under warranty). 

Any replies/assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers. 

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 36,715
Message 5 of 450

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 36,654
Message 6 of 450

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

Can ANYONE offer any assistance whatsoever here? 

blackknight
What's DOS?
Views: 33,969
Message 7 of 450

I went to support and driver downloads, put in the model of my laptop and there was a energy manager update for my laptop. this was mine Lenovo Energy Management for for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Z410, Z510, G410  you might need to type in your own laptop at this link http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/selectproduct then go from there. so far it looks to be working but i just downloaded it and installed it so it might be to early to tell. but so far so good Smiley Happy. my battery charge level is actually droping now which it would always stay the same before

hope this works 

CuddlyDons
Punch Card
Views: 34,164
Message 8 of 450

Ideapad Z510 battery problem

Hello,

I purchased the z510 last february and while the battery life wasn't great on it now it has stopped working altogether. I have tried every conceivable fix for it from the forums here and none has worked. The problem that I am having is that the battery is stuck at 99% while charging and when it is off charge it will stay on for half an hour and the shut off hard without warning, it has caused me to lose progress in work. The battery gauge reset is no longer working either as it was on for hours and just kept showing 99%. I would appreciate a response back. This seems to be a problem with this make of laptop as far as Ican see.

Thank you

CuddlyDons
Punch Card
Views: 34,125
Message 9 of 450

Re: Ideapad Z510 battery problem

Bump

Is there anyone out there that has any idea what is wrong with it?

Top Kudoed Authors