Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

my battry stay on 100 what i can do ?

Sebsebzen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,378
Message 92 of 452

Re: Ideapad Z510 battery problem

Guys, you will love this. 

So, I got my battery replaced, which now fixes the charging problem, but instead my laptop randomly shuts down during high usage. I'm conviced the issue is with voltage modulation and only manifests in battery or mainboard. It's pretty bad, have to send it back in again.

karubinko
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,260
Message 93 of 452

Re: Ideapad Z510 battery problem

Any updates to this Lenovo? Having the same problem, now I can't update my Bios because my battery is stuck at 0%.

mar5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,220
Message 94 of 452

Hey everyone,

What is going on with this model of laptop? I really thought that Lenovo makes high-quality laptops. I have this model more than 1 year and every 4 months some problems first it was weird behaviour with keyboard just turning off at same point same as touchpad, I managed too fixed that. Then it was the famous problem with CPU stuck at 0.77Ghz and now my battery is dead or stuck at 0%. I hope to see what part of this laptops is going to break down next? And yea I forgot to mention that guarantee has expired. Tough luck I guess

Best regards,

Hrvoje

miko19r
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,186
Message 95 of 452

Can we have some more info about this issue please?
bukoman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,169
Message 96 of 452

Same issue here! Have my z510 for about a year now and I am now experiencing the battery issues similar to what you guys posted. Lenovo  any UPDATE please!!!!  Local service center suggested to replace the battery but it seems that the battery is not really the problem!!! Guess I will have to search for answers here rather than wasting money to replace the battery!  This is very bad Lenovo!

cabbton
Punch Card
Views: 2,159
Message 97 of 452

I don't know if this helps anyone but I have had all the same battery problems listed here. I have deleted the Lenovo Energy Manager program and so far my battery is holding up well. The EM indicated weak battery but I'm getting pretty normal life so far.

I'm convinced this program is stuffed and buggy and it's continued use will fry a healthy battery. Lenovo need to get onto this. There has been absolutely no progress on this obvious defect with this particular model at all.

drsaz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,051
Message 98 of 452

I bought my Ideapad Z510 in March 2014, its Windows 8.1. Last few days it shows "battery is weak, needs to be replaced". The batterydoes not charge, I have to power through AC cable, whenever I disconnect AC, its power is gone.

In order to fix the problem, I did the following taks:

1. I removed MIcrosoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, and also Microsoft AC Adapter from Battery option. But after restarting the laptop, those options always reinstalled automatically without notifying. When I open Device Manager, those options are always there though those are removed and laptop is restarted.

2. I reset the Gauge, but nothing happened. 

I cannot understand why Lenovo provides such a poor quality battery. It is gone after 1 year!!! I cannot believe it! I have 10 years old DELL laptop and still I can use that battery for an hour. But my new Lenovo's battery has gone just after 1 year! Its a shame. Lenovo should respond about explanation that why they provide such poor quality battery.

Any idea about resolving it?

amitg11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,998
Message 99 of 452

Even I'm facing the same problem. Bought in December 2013 and travelled back to India. Battery performance went down from 4 hours to 1 hr in an year and suddenly one day, it stopped charging. Laptop denied to power up. In India, there is no compatible battery for Z510 and my laptop is with the service center for a month now. Not sure what to do. Feel like throwing it in the fire and make a youtube video and post it online.

Lenovo's tagline says: Change the future.  They forgot to mention that they would change their future by duping customers by selling sub-standard products.

DrDroid
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,986
Message 100 of 452

Hi everyone,
First of all! I solved this problem!!!!
I posted my exact same problem a few weeks ago here .
Apart from battery being stuck at 0% my main concern was that the processor was stuck at 0.77 GHz and update to bios v40 needed . I tried a bunch of things over last two days and I finally for the battery to go till 100% I could update my BIOS and my processor is not stuck at 0.77 . It genuinely goes to 3.2 . I'll post all things I tried asap. Probably by weekend.

My warranty has expired few days back .

I did not buy a new battery and hopefully everyone would be able to solve the problem.

The simplest of things you can do while I make the tut is to connect the charger with laptop switched off , press the small recovery button on the left side near power input DONT select any option (don't select bios etc etc) and unplug the charger and see how long the laptop stays on.

This might give you a general idea.

This was one of the things I tried in between.

I'll post images and proof asap .

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors