Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quendy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,134
Message 20 of 452

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

Installed BIOS update 39 and I now get the 10% warning message. Battery drops SUPER fast though. Dropped 20% in 10 minutes... Not normal. I've got the 8.1 windows and the 8.1 energy manager but I'm gonna try and install the 8 instead and see if the battery runs normal again... At least it doesn't drop from 100% to 0% anymore lol

quendy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,127
Message 21 of 452

Yeah okay, it won't charge at all now actually. Battery will drain but when I plug it in it doesn't charge. Woho. Solved nothing.
ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,048
Message 22 of 452

Re: Ideapad Z510 battery problem

Hi,

Was your problem resolved? I'm also facing the exact same problem.

Appreciate your response.

CuddlyDons
Punch Card
Views: 4,026
Message 23 of 452

No, the battery meter on the energy managment says it is fine and it did work intermittently giving a warning but as of now it is the same problem, laptop stuck at 99% and then shuts off no warning. It seems to be a problem with this model of laptop, a quick search shows that we are not the only people suffering this. The only remedy I have been offered is to send the laptop back under warranty but this also poses a problem as I need it for work. So it is either suffer the battery issue or let my work suffer. If this is a known issue with these laptops they should not have been sold in a state like this, it is only 7-8 months old and I know the battery life decreases after time but this is a joke, what happens after another 7-8 months when the battery goes again and my warranty is up? I love the laptop bar this issue but this has seriously knocked my faith in Lenovo and I will be hesitant in purchasing another item fromm them.

ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,984
Message 24 of 452

Hi,

Yes, even I'm not in a position to send away my laptop for fixing. But, it seems like this issue was earlier faced in the Z500 series laptops and Lenovo released a battery firmware update for fixing it. 

Link to the upgrade:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z500-...

As the information on this download page states, "Z&P400/500 series battery may suddenly stop charging or discharge. Once in this state, unplugging adapter will cause system to power off immediately. This issue can be resolved by upgrading the Batteryfirmware version to 0003_800A_0010_80A3 or later with the Battery Firmware Upgrade file."

Looks like the Z510 laptops were also shipped with faulty battery firmware. High time Lenovo took notice of this and corrected the version. As this seems to be a software issue, it doesn't seem logical that replacing the battery will resolve the problem. We can have the battery replaced under warrenty, and after another 7-8 months, the probem is sure to resurface. 

CuddlyDons
Punch Card
Views: 4,091
Message 25 of 452

Did you ever get a fix? A lot of people are having this problem, myself included,

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 4,085
Message 26 of 452

I personally have not been able to fix the solution yet; as of now, I'm just keeping the laptop plugged in when I need to use it and avoiding the battery altogether. I've been too busy to try the OneKey reset or BIOS solutions posted in the thread thus far, but it seems even those are having mixed results to date. At the moment, I'm really not sure how to proceed, but any advice is greatly appreciated. 

If we could get a Lenovo representative or Service Professional to weigh in on the situation, that'd be ideal. If so many people are having the issue, it should be addressed in a timely fashion. 

ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,070
Message 27 of 452

After opening several tickets with Lenovo, they decided to send a representative to my location. The tickets opened were closed with incorrect reasons! Now, I have been informed that the battery is the culprit and will be replaced as I'm covered by warranty. Let's see if that fixes the issue. Well, one thing is certain, no more Lenovo products for me in the near future.
CuddlyDons
Punch Card
Views: 4,065
Message 28 of 452

I was told I have to send the laptop in under warranty. I cannot do without the laptop for 2 weeks - a month, it was bought because I need it for work. I have the same sentiments as you, I will not be buying another product from them after this. The level of customer support I have received after buying a laptop with known issues is atrocious. I will be warning friends and the extensive social media network I have to steer clear of them also.
gdenn
Paper Tape
Views: 4,019
Message 29 of 452

@ngurus - did the new battery fix the problem?

I've been having the same issue over the last week (purchased my machine in December 2013).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors