Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,250
Message 30 of 453

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my battery to be replaced. Should get it done by this week.

On another note, I charged my laptop's battery to its maximum capacity(plugged it in for close to 3-4 hours) and clocked the amount of time it took to drain out completely. I noticed that the battery lasts around 2hours 15 minutes. So, looks like the battery is working fine, but the indicator isn't.

I'll let you know once the battery is replaced. Maybe a firmware update will resolve it.

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 3,232
Message 31 of 453

I'm still waiting on a new battery from Lenovo, but I'm anxious to hear if a battery replacement has fixed the issue. Again, it seems this is a huge issue and it'd be great for a Lenovo representative to weigh in on the situation. Anyone know how to get one into this thread? Scouring the boards, it looks like Lenovo Service Reps used to pop in and offer advice/potential fixes, but they don't seem to be active much anymore. 

A friend of mine who works in tech support said replacing the battery won't hurt (even if it doesn't help), so that should be Step 1. After that, if the issue persists, flashing the BIOS or trying a OneKey Recovery would be the next logical steps. If after that there's no resolution, it would appear a new laptop is in order because nothing else comes to mind. 

ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,212
Message 32 of 453

Hi,

I even tried the OneKey reset, didn't help the cause.

As is evident, this issue seems similar to the Z500 battery issues, for which Lenovo released a firmware upgrade.

A new battery may keep the issue at bay for another 9-10 months. Hopefully, Lenovo releases a firmware upgrade and/or a solution for this. Else, like you stated, it's goodbye to the laptop AND Lenovo for good.

gdenn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,160
Message 33 of 453

I called Lenovo support tonight - here's what the technician did:

• He said this is a known issue with the z510, similar to an issue with the z710
  • Without troubleshooting, he offered to send a new battery to me
  • I expressed concern over replacing the battery myself as you have to remove the back panel and I don't want to do anything that would void the warranty (I'm not very tech-savvy)

He then remotely accessed my computer and started troubleshooting:

• Uninstalled drivers for AC Adapter and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
  • Uninstalled Energy Manager program
  • Restarted computer
  • Reinstalled Energy Manager
  • Shut down computer
  • Had me unplug the power cord for 20 seconds
  • Restarted computer

After all that the battery is still not charging. Energy Manager is saying that the battery is 'unauthorized' and 'damaged,' so none of the troubleshooting worked.

He set up a case to have a box and waybill delivered to my house (in about 3 days) so I can ship the computer via UPS to the repair depot in Ontario (Canada). He said the standard turnaround time is 7 days unless they need to order parts, then it would be 14 days. He suggested I backup all of my files (which I already do) in case they need to reinstall the operating system.

So now I play the waiting game... Fortunately I only use the computer at home, not for work, and I have a smartphone so I will still have access to internet and email while the computer is away from home.

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 3,125
Message 34 of 453

Any updates here? My new battery still has not arrived, and I am growing increasingly concerned that the new battery will not solve the issue. Has anyone tried the OneKey recovery with any success? 

ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,093
Message 35 of 453

Nope. The OneKey recovery didn't resolve the issue. Waiting for the battery to arrive.

SpacePirateSlim
Punch Card
Views: 3,085
Message 36 of 453

I am still waiting for my battery as well. Anyone else have any updates on the battery? This entire experience has left quite a sour taste in my mouth. Very frustrated with the lack of support I've received from Lenovo so far. There seems to be no resolution for this issue. 

Has anyone who has spoken to Lenovo broached the idea of a replacement computer? Seems to me since the laptops seem to have a well-acknowledged issue with no apparent fix, replacing the entire computer seems like the next logical step. 

ykgupta
Paper Tape
Views: 3,181
Message 37 of 453

Z510 Ideapad Battery Problem

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I am struggling with my Lenovo Z510 Ideapad's battery. When plug in, it says : 0% available (plugged in, Charging). This message remain for even after several hours of being plugged in. As soon as I remove the plug, it immediately shut down, without giving any warning. I purchased this machine in March 2014, so I am wondering is it really the battery issue or some software is stopping it getting chargged. 

As the laptop boots and I log-in, a message is popped up saying that "battery is dead and need to be replaced". I contacted the Lenovo support and according to them it is under the warranty and I need to send my whole laptop to them. I may get back my laptop may be after 10 BDs. This much time is too expensive for me I need your suggestions.

Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Yogesh

gdenn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,133
Message 38 of 453

Re: Z510 Ideapad Battery Problem

I have the exact same issue. I'm sending my computer to their repair centre tomorrow morning.

gdenn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,066
Message 39 of 453

I asked about getting a replacement computer and was told it would be replaced only if they could not fix the issue. I'm sending my computer to the repair center tomorrow morning. Hope to have it back within a couple weeks. I'll provide an update when I hear back from them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors