Message 50 of 452

Re: Dead Battery

Thanks. Calling now.

abhinator
What's DOS?
Views: 11,330
Message 51 of 452

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

Same issue! How did you get them to ship you a new battery without them examining your laptop? They have asked me to ship them the laptop but I am concerned they are going to return it back without doing much about it.

quendy
Paper Tape
Views: 11,315
Message 52 of 452

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

I sent mine in for service via the warehouse I got it for. The problem was apparently caused by a hardware component linked to charging, and they replaced it and sent it back within three weeks. It works fine now! Definitely not the 5 hours or whatever was promised when buying, but it gives me a good 2 hours at least while browsing etc and I find that pretty good. All in all, great quick service and my laptop feels like new again! Anyone with problems should contant either your warehouse and act upon their warranty, or contact Lenovo directly. Either way, mine's fixed up and I'm happy again.

Hope everything works out for you guys!

narrlenovo
Punch Card
Views: 11,284
Message 53 of 452

Re: Ideapad Z510 battery problem

I hope the firmware upgrade may help, if it is appropriate and can be used on a z510. If not, I think my experience can help you get the results you need.

I had battery problems on the first two batteries from Lenovo on a z710. Both the battery originally supplied and a first replacement were bad - looking like a bad cell, as the capacity was about 3/4 and the battery would also discharge very rapidly when below 25%, just like a bad lithium at end of life.

I got the first replacement, and also the second replacement battery which finally solved this by calling Lenovo support on the telephone and describing the problem. They were very good about it once having their questions answered so they could be sure it wasn't some other problem.

Good fortune to both of you, and no, you should not need to put up with this. Your laptop should be dependable, and for battery problems in particular, you shouldn't need to send it in. I've also fixed a replaceable hard drive this way.

chiaratambini
What's DOS?
Views: 11,183
Message 54 of 452

i'm facing the same prob. -.-'' is this something like a ''bug'' in the ideapad z510?

ngurus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,846
Message 55 of 452

Hi,

It is an issue with the battery in the laptop. Please raise it with your
Lenovo service center and have it replaced. My laptop is working fine after
the replacement.

Lespaul1101
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,963
Message 56 of 452

z510 Battery Weak after less than a year - Indicator shows 100% up until shut off

Hello,

I've owned this Laptop for less than a year. Up until recently, it has had a good battery life, no issues, however it is now indicating a 100% charge at all times, until it unexpectedly shuts off, and will not power on unless the laptop is plugged in.

When it does start up again, a message will come up saying the battery is weak, and must be replaced. Given that there was no issue with battery life up until this point, I find this message strange, though it is the case that it now has a very short battery life (less than 1 hour).

This model does not have a removable battery.

Things I have tried:

Reinstalling the Lenovo Energy Manager from the support page,

Ensuring the Battery Firmware is up to date using the Lenovo Firmware update manager (it was up to date).

I am looking for a solution to this issue. I have already had it sent in to service at my own cost to replace the motherboard, for an issue that caused my laptop to fail to turn on entirely.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 10,940
Message 57 of 452

Re: z510 Battery Weak after less than a year - Indicator shows 100% up until shut off

Hi Lespaul1101,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery weak in your Z510 laptop.

Please try to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI and check for the issue, below are the steps to uninstall the ACPI.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking theStart button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Double-clickBatteries.
  3. Right-clickMicrosoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and then click Uninstall.
  4. Restart your computer.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,        

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 10,935
Message 58 of 452

Re: z510 Battery Weak after less than a year - Indicator shows 100% up until shut off

Lespaul1101, in addition to Ashwin's good advice you might try using a free utility called HWMonitor to view your battery's vital signs.  The program will show you the battery's wear rate along with the designed and full charge capacities.  The program may help determine if your battery is failing. 

Here is a link to that program.  It comes in two versions.  The first is the standard installation package and the second is a portable version which can be copied and used on a flash drive........

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Lespaul1101
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,917
Message 59 of 452

Thanks for the tip Ashwin_Lenovo! Unfortunately this did not fix the issue, but it does appear that the battery will discharge until about 80% before it shuts off now, where as before it would remain at 100% until it powers down.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors