Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qoqsim4u
What's DOS?
Views: 2,893
Message 60 of 452

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

Hi Lenovo, 

I can easily predict that there is a Big batery defect is going on your laptop Z510.

I will like a healthy feedback for my Z510 battery issue, its completely dead now. 

here are the details of the order i did:

https://ovp.lenovo.com/lenovo-ovp/public/showDetail!showPublicOrderDetail.action?orderNumber=4243409...

product id: 59400176

serial number: YB01805893

Please respond me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Regards,

Mirza Q. Ali

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,852
Message 61 of 452

Re: z510 Battery Weak after less than a year - Indicator shows 100% up until shut off

Hi Lespaul1101,

Thank you for replying, I apologize for the delay in reply.

Also try to reset the battery gauge by : go to power manager then click on advance option. Select battery tab and click on battery maintenance and click on perform reset option under battery gauge reset and check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Lespaul1101
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,826
Message 62 of 452

Re: z510 Battery Weak after less than a year - Indicator shows 100% up until shut off

I will try all of these suggestions again later this evening, however, as I have tried them separately, they have not fixed my issue.

The HWmonitor tools indicate that the battery is at about 75% of design capacity, though it lasts for much less than 75% of the time. 

To summarize what I've tried:

• Reinstalling the Lenovo Energy Manager from the support page,

• Ensuring the Battery Firmware is up to date using the Lenovo Firmware update manager (it was up to date).

• Uninstall the Microsoft ACPI and check for the issue.
  • try using a free utility called HWMonitor to view your battery's vital signs.
  • reset the battery gauge by : go to power manager then click on advance option.

I have already sent this unit in for warranty repair, at which time the motherboard was replaced. It is sad to think this warranty is a carry-in only, and if this issue is indeed the battery, that it will need to be shipped at my cost for the second time in a year.

ahsobati
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,803
Message 63 of 452

Hello all lenovo experts .

a problem happened for my laptop battery !

i started gauge reset and after some hours i cancelled the gauge reset process and when i restarted my laptop

it says plugged in charging but it remains on 0% !

i checked different solutions like microsoft ACPI & energy management uninstall and reinstall even uninstalling windows 8.1 installing 7 and again installing 8.1 ! but nothing happened ! i read somewhere that the best solution for dead batteries is to remove it wait 30 seconds and again attatch it and plugg ac . but you all know that z510 battery is internal and can't be removed ! what can i do ? i must add this that i've bought this laptop 6-7 months ago and a dead battery in this situation is something strange !

i'll be grateful if you give me some soultions !

tnx ........

Cirovg
Paper Tape
Views: 2,762
Message 64 of 452

Hi all,

I'm having the same problems as many users here. I purchased my Z510 10 months ago and suddenly the battery seems to be not working properly. It stays at 100% and suddenly goes to 0% and the computer is off like it's being unplugged. Has replacing the battery solved the issue for everyone?

Payapula
What's DOS?
Views: 2,763
Message 65 of 452

Re: Z510 Battery Issue. Not showing actual charge of battery and doesn't warn when battery low

I am having the exact problem. Please anyone post the solution fo this problem.

I have done Gauge reset from Energy manager and also tried resetting battery manually. But none worked. Should I take it to the centre?
Anyone Suggest us a solution please.

alf0412
Paper Tape
Views: 2,690
Message 66 of 452

I sent my Z410 with the same problem in for repairs. Mine stopped working one week after the year warranty expired. I'm just glad I bought the extended warranty. Lenovo was able to recreate the problem and replace my battery. I asked them why I wasn't notified if this was a known issue for anyone owning a Z series and they told me it wasn't a known issue yet....I told her to go read the forums because it clearly is. I purchased in January 2014.

vigneshwargv
What's DOS?
Views: 2,690
Message 67 of 452

I did both the uninstalling Microsoft ACPI and resetting the battery gauge. Still my battery drains once I cut off the power. Help me out from this issue.. 

P.S.: I bought my laptop on late may 2014

Sebsebzen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,594
Message 69 of 452

A similar problem has been described and fixed in February 2015 for ThinkPad Series. Please have a look here http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds001322

Description: This is not an urgent update; the problem will manifest itself over a period of months. Eventually, the battery will erroneously indicate that it can no longer hold any charge, but this effect is slow and accumulating.

Pleas keep us updated on this topic as my warranty will expire soon and otherwise I will hand it in to my Lenovo service centre. Hope it is just a firmware issue.

Former Employee
Views: 2,576
Message 70 of 452

I would like to ask customers located in the EU for assistance with my investigation into Z510 battery performance.

If you are located in the EU and might be able to assist, please message me.

3/20/15 EDIT: Thank you for your responses. 

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors