Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebsebzen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,488
Message 81 of 452

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Issues

Unfortunately no update from Lenovo yet. I will hand in my laptop for repair end of the month and hope that battery change solves the problem.

WhyLenovoZ510
Paper Tape
Views: 2,473
Message 82 of 452

Well I too got the same problem & unfortunately after the warranty expired. So, Im left without any solutions as I've tried'ém all. It's strange that until now they have no update with solving this problem. Totally frustrated! I used it very rarely & only when I'm outside. And now I'm clueless about the battery charge. However, there is just one solution ie. to wait for any firmware update from Lenovo to solve this. ... weeks or months or forever >.< Good Luck !

claudesp33d
Punch Card
Views: 2,451
Message 83 of 452

bump, lenovo
shiwers
Paper Tape
Views: 2,402
Message 84 of 452

I have exactly the same issue. I've tried gouge reset twice, ACPI reinstalls, nothing worked ... it seems like a software issue, but i cant figure out which one. I think its software issue, because yesterday, when i tried to ungplug the AC adapter, my computer was able to run on batter for good 2 and a half hour with high performace switched on ... weird ... can somebody reply ?

kibz510
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,387
Message 85 of 452

Hi,

I also believe that this is a firmware problem, as similar issues were found for the Thinkpad series:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds001322

Unforunately, Lenovo doesn't reply to our messages in a clear way, so I am still wondering whether I should wait for a firmware update or get a new battery, also because the latter will not ensure that the same problem won't appear again in a few months.

Since last time I posted here, things are only going worst. Now the Energy Manager says that the battery is weak and I need to replace it, the battery indicator is stuck at 0% and the battery is not charging. So as a result I can use my 1 year old laptop only on AC.

This situation is getting absurd: there are many customers with apparently the same problem, evidences that similar battery issues affected also the Thinkpad series, and no clear statement from Lenovo.

I think it's time for us to undertake more serious actions than just posting on this forum.

shiwers
Paper Tape
Views: 2,382
Message 86 of 452

But what can we do ? My issue is getting worse day by day, battery is
jumping from 0 to 100% and sometimes, when i unplug it from AC source, it
is able to hold for hours, but sometimes, the battery is just dead. What
can we do ? I cant send my laptop to warranty, because i need to use it
right now for my master thesis, and it is unpolite from Lenovo not to react
to our issues. What do you mean by undertaking more serious actions ?

kibz510
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,350
Message 87 of 452

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

In the last few days I've been thinking to what can actually be done. I
think that, to start with, we could try to contact a few IT magazines and
ask them to make this issue known to the general public.

Any other suggestion is welcome.

edgerch
What's DOS?
Views: 2,340
Message 88 of 452

I have exact the same issue!

My warranty is expired, I can't get a free battery replacement from Lenovo, PLEASE LENOVO DO SOMETHING! There is many people with the same Issue or offer a free battery replacement campaign independently if we have an active warranty or not, it is a known issue!

Is very frustating not receive any useful help from you, we love Lenovo trademark but issues like this can make a change in our opinion about the company.

matthew99
What's DOS?
Views: 2,283
Message 89 of 452

I cant even buy a replacement battery. I opened up the case to get the battery number (L12M4F02) but cant find these for sale anywhere in UK, apart from eBay sellers in the US selling them for suspiciously cheap prices. I'm assuming the lack of stock is because this battery has been discontinued due to the number of complaints. I emailed Lenovo for what alternative batteries would work but they just emailed me boiler plate message to check their product page or buy from a third party if I couldnt find the product I was looking for. Thanks Lenovo!

DrDroid
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,241
Message 90 of 452

I am also facing the exact same problem.
On top of this my processor is stuck at 0.77GHz and to rectify that the battery needs to be at 30% to update BIOS . 
Def not what was expected such a laptop . Hope to see a working solution soon.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors