Did you mean: 
raff7m
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,741
Message 1 of 19

Lenovo Z510 Battery Problem.

Hi,
so my z510 is 1 year old and and the battery been good till last night
it charges to 99% then the battery symbol keeps telling me (99% plugged in, charging) but the battery light indicator stops blinking
if i plug off the AC it stays at 99% and doesn't change untill i consume it to 0 (on purpose)
then i can see the battery charging well untill 99 and back to same problem what is wrong please i need help.
Thanks for reading.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,691
Message 2 of 19

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Problem.

Hi Raff7m,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with Battery problem in your Z510 laptop.

Try to update the energy management to the latest version and check for the issue,

Click here for the energy management windows 7.

Click here for the energy management windows 8.1.

Also try to perform the gauge reset: go to power manager, select battery option in advance mode, under the battery select battery maintenance and select perform reset under battery gauge.

Also try to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI application and check and also reinstall the application.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

raff7m
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,673
Message 3 of 19

I did try those steps, but the issue did not fixed.
yesterday I kept the Z510 on AC Power while is turned off, then I've turned it on today it was on 100% and now it is decreasing but too slow it took it 30min from 100 to 95 so what do you think is the problem ?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,660
Message 4 of 19

Hi Raff7m,

Thanks for the reply,

The issue could be with the power manager software as you have mentioned that after the update and gauge reset the battery is charging to 100% and discharges very slow this means the battery is in good condition.

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

raff7m
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,644
Message 5 of 19

thanks for your replies.
The battery looks okay but it appears that the Z510 is unable to determine its battery status I used it on battery when discharging was too slow as mentioned the laptop turned off at ~65% battery left (about 3.5h of use the same as before the problem) without any warnings which is a serious problem.
anasanzari
Paper Tape
Views: 2,484
Message 6 of 19

Yeah!! The exact Same problem here also.

RossiSdz
Punch Card
Views: 2,478
Message 7 of 19

The same since a week...

joshdax2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,340
Message 8 of 19

I am having the exact same problem and I also purchased this laptop nearly a year ago. It seems every one who bought this have the same issue around the same time frame. What's up with that? And does anyone have the solution yet?
RossiSdz
Punch Card
Views: 2,325
Message 9 of 19

I sent my machine to the service. My friend had the same problem. Lenovo gave him a papers which allow him to get the New brand machine from the store. I'm waiting 14th work day as he was and I predict the same solution.
cabbton
Punch Card
Views: 2,316
Message 10 of 19

The advice to delete the Microsoft ACPI compliant Control Method Battery in device manager, although has been known to work sometimes, is unlikely to produce any results here. The Energy manager installs 2 virtual system drivers - Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller and Lenovo Primary iM Controller. I think it is the interaction of these with Microsoft's power management that can eventually kill an OK battery. It seems that after a time  it becomes impossible for windows to determine the correct battery gauging and then will over charge or discharge completely, which is not good for batteries. Then the only solution seems to be to replace a battery that was otherwise good before software damaged it.

I have kept mine on conservation mode as much as possible and will not use the Energy Manage guage reset.

Top Kudoed Authors