Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takshakpai
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,292
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Z510 Battery Problem

Greetings! I have a Lenovo Z510 8GB Ram, Core i7, 1tb hdd, which I purchased less than a year ago. Off late I've been experiencing major battery problems. It started off with the laptop randomly shutting off without any warning, even though there was considerable life left, for eg. 90 pct or so. This became worse when the laptop didn't start up at all, until I plugged in the charger. The only way I can now operate the laptop is by connecting to charger, but the battery still remains at 0 pct, doesn't charge. The battery light keeps blinking red, Also, I have used an application BatteryInfoView to analyze this, and it says teh battery still has 83 percent of its original capacity, However I receive a message everytime on startup saying the battery is weak and needs to be replaced. What can I do about this? Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,280
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Z510 Battery Problem

Hi Takshakpai,

Welcome to the Forums        

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery in your Lenovo Z510 laptop.

Try to uninstall the energy management and restart the system and check for the issue, also reinstall the energy management and check for the issue.

Uninstall the Microsoft ACPI application… go to device manager under device manager select the drop down list under the battery option. Perform the above steps and reply with result.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

takshakpai
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,268
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for the quick reply.

I reinstalled Energy Manager and restarted, I also tried a Gauge Reset but it didn't work. Also uninstalled Microsoft ACPI application, didn't seem to work.

Thanks again, and please suggest me any other methods as well. 

Cheers.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,247
Message 4 of 9

Hi Takshakpai,

Check with other adapter and check for the issue. If still the same issue then this might be issue with the hardware hence please visit the nearest service center for further details.

Click here  to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Sakthis
What's DOS?
Views: 986
Message 5 of 9

I too have the same problem. I am trying to replace the battery - but not able to find the suitable one. Can you provide the equivalent battery model for Ideapad Z510  59400172.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 971
Message 6 of 9

Hi Sakthis,

You can try this parts,

Battery, 4S1P, 4cell, 48Wh, Sanyo,  14.4V48Wh 4cellbty 121500113

Battery, 4S1P, 4cell, 48Wh, Simplo, 15V48Wh 4cellbty 121500202

Battery, 4S1P, 4cell, 41.6Wh, Sanyo, 14.4V41.6Wh 4cellbty 121500121

Battery, 4S1P, 4cell, 41.6Wh, Simplo, 14.8V41.6Wh 4cellbty 121500123.

You can also purchase the part in the nearest authorized service centre.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Former Employee
Views: 818
Message 7 of 9

In response to customer reports of unexpected issues with battery performance on Z500 and Z510 laptops, Lenovo is making a battery firmware update available via download from the Lenovo Forums.

This battery firmware is intended to resolve the following unexpected charging symptoms when a Z500 or Z510 laptop is powered on:

• Battery is dead
  • Battery is not detected
  • Battery is detected and charged to 100% but when AC power is removed, the laptop immediately powers off
  • When the battery is fully charged and AC power is removed, battery level falls dramatically within 10 minutes

Please note a step-by-step procedure for upgrading the firmware is included in the .zip file, found in the "ReadMe" folder.

The battery firmware update can be downloaded here: https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/z500_z510_battery_firmware_update.zip

Thank you,

takshakpai
Blue Screen Again
Views: 785
Message 8 of 9

Hi! 

It's taken some time, but Lenovo has finally released the much needed update, thanks for that. Coming to the testing, I've charged the laptop fully and been using it without the charger for the past hour, and it works wonderfully without shutting off unexepectedly. Thank heavens I waited before splashing my cash for a new battery, which had to be imported to my country (India). I hope Lenovo, in the future, notifies users not to go for a new one and that they are working on a patch.

Nevertheless, relieved that my battery problems are gone for the moment! 

pranavgulati95
What's DOS?
Views: 583
Message 9 of 9

Hi, 

I applied this update on my lenovo ideapad z510 i think in october or september 2015, it fixed the firmware for me and i regained the battery successfully, but now after approximately 16-17 months the same problem has resurfaced.
i tried applying the same battery firmware updater but since the battery version had probably been incremented, it says that no firmware upgrade is required.

so as it turns out the battery firmware is actually faulty and self-destructs every year or so, i request you to simply issue a battery firmware installer that doesnt do the version checking so that we can reinstall the firmware every year and be good with it else please issue a fixed firmware without the version checking.

i am attaching a battery discharge profile it has the following fields in order ( timestamp , state, percentage capacity remaining, capacity remaining(mWh), Discharge Rate (mW), battery voltage )

with careful analysis it is seen that the firmware has lost track of what the voltage of a full battery is but correctly identifies critically low battery level, due to this the charge rate at the assumed 99.4 percent goes to 0 or a couple hundred milliWatts while charging.

please communicate for running any further tests and respond ASAP 

Top Kudoed Authors