Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xkhaled93x
Paper Tape
Views: 624
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z510 is Dead, Motherboard and Battery

I purchased Z510 a year and 3 months ago, I really enjoyed it's performance and stability.

but after installing windows 10, I faced the usual battery issue that most of the users here complained about, and I upgraded the firmware and everything went fine after that.

but 2 weeks ago, I opened the laptop to find that the battery is 0% and it's plugged in but not charging, The Energy manger was confused too sometimes by showing me a message of "Unauthorized battery" and sometimes it detects the battery but it remains 0%. so basically I was working on a laptop with no battery

after a while the laptop started to restart frequently, till the situation was unbearable. I sent it to the support and they told me that it needs a new battery and a motherboard and they will cost me more than 50% of the laptop price.

I don't know what to do now? I'm really pissed from Lenovo support here in Egypt, they don't even know what they are doing and their first diagnoses was even wrong and I had to ask them for a second one to solve the frequent restarting problem.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

By the way, The restarting thing never happened to me while in Safe Mode, does this mean anything?, I already reinstalled the windows 3 times.

joshdax2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 285
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z510 is Dead, Motherboard and Battery

I have ALL same problem too. It hasn't been three years as well and the motherboard broke. i wasted a lot of money for this laptop since I bought the i7 core version. And mother board replacement is VERY expensive.

WTH lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors