Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikhailT
Paper Tape
Views: 503
Message 11 of 14

Re: Lenovo Z510 random shutdown while plugged in

After a week of a variety of tests found an interim solution. This happens when turbo mode is activated on the processor. It occurs when the laptop is hot, or only turn on. The processor has been tested Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. No abnormalities were found. I disabled the turbo mode on the CPU power management, putting in 99%. Here

description with pictures how to change the percentage.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-CPU-3-5GHz-SPEED-PROBLEM/td-p/330... Now the laptop is not shutdown. After that I made a reset retention power button 40 seconds. Now you do not receive a message replacing the adapter. Probably there are problems in the drivers chipset and the power supply when you turn on the turbo mode which lead to such consequences.

epanosian
Punch Card
Views: 462
Message 12 of 14

Hello,

I have the same issue. I installed Linux (Ubuntu) hopping it will help, but it did not. 

Any idea/comments/suggestions?

Thank you,

EPanosian

epanosian
Punch Card
Views: 270
Message 13 of 14

Vinaykumar1309
What's DOS?
Views: 64
Message 14 of 14

Hi friends Just do this simple step to fix this issue 

This happens only due to Windows update     which updates ur bios. Frimware 

All  u have to do is go to bios by pressing  FN key  and. F1 or F2  simoutensly .if u have  doubt u can press both F1 and F2 both but u have to keep pressing FN key. 

It will take u to bios 

After going into bios just plugg in ur adapter and wait . See if still u face the same issue .even in bios .    If u Don't find ur pc getting shutdown  

Then this is not a motherboard issue it is a bios update issue   because if motherboard issue is there it should happen even   when ur system is in bios 

Now for simple solution exit ur bios  login to ur laptop go to  device manager. Click on batteries then uninstall the drivers which is under the batteries .   It will fix 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors